Quake Wars to have in game ads

The people in the marketing department need to buck their f***ing ideas up.

I imagine it works like this.

Microsoft: Ah ID my good fellow *smacks 10 million in cash down on the table*

ID: o_O

Microsoft: adverstising in game bitches or I eat this monay right nar!

not enough room for valve ..but yes you're right ..however I'm still waiting for them to announce an ad supported CS:S will be free

"In a world ravaged by murderous Alien hordes where mankind is forced to hide in the shadows or be sold into slavery, one group of dedicated brave men and women fight to reclaim what is rightfully ours. Join the epic struggle of good vs murderous evil before it's too late. The fate of Mankind rests in your hands ......brought to you by Mentos, The Freshmaker ...Doo doo doo doo, doo-doo, do-Wah!' It doesn't matter what comes, fresh goes better in life, and Mentos is fresh and full of life..."

just face it, in the same way as product placement works its way into big stupid movies with big stupid marketing campaigns, i.e. I-Robot

Product placement and ads are gonna start showing up more big giant budget games. Obviously not all games are gonna have them, but the onces that can get away with it will. Eventually there will be a point where advertisers realize that there is a backlash from overadvertising as gamers avoid their products and things will eventually even out.

It isn't the end of the world, its not the death of an era, it is merely the eb and flow of marketing and economics coming into play.

You know what's hilarious? There's a new map for BF2 - Highway Tampa. It was being playtested about a year ago iirc but released just recently. They were probably looking for a "sponsor". They found one. So now the scenario of the map is based around the USMC protecting a shipment of crates with "Intel" on them. Apparently, the MEC are trying to steal some precious Core 2 Duo processors!

Back