Quality Standup Comedians

BlindTelepath

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good ones? I need some new spirit-raising listening material. My two favorites are Mitch Hedberg (dead) and Robin Williams (too good to record more). Suggestions?

Lewis Black, Brain Regan and Demitri Martian (he has the most soothing voice I've ever heard.)

Dennis Blair, George Carlin, Brian Regan, Lewis Black, Jim Norton, Rich Vos, Pablo Francisco, Carlos Mencia, Frank Caliendo

The best comedian ever is Jay Mohr, his impression of Harvey Keitel is hilarious

....Jim Gaffigan, Bill Hicks, Richard Prior, Larry the Cable Guy, Patton Oswald, Dave Chappelle, Dave Attell, The Sklar Brothers

The two greatest comics of all time, and who are thousands of times funnier than anyone else in my opinion, are Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks. I can't stress to you enough how hilarious these two are. Or were. Hicks died in 1994 and Hedberg died a few months ago.

Ennui said:
The two greatest comics of all time, and who are thousands of times funnier than anyone else in my opinion, are Mitch Hedberg and Bill Hicks. I can't stress to you enough how hilarious these two are. Or were. Hicks died in 1994 and Hedberg died a few months ago.

Hedberg, yes, Hicks put too much thought behind his comedy, he was actually trying to change people's thoughts, Hedberg was more like a Steven Wright type of comic where he made funny observations and then twisted them around a bit.

yeah, that's true. hicks had an agenda, hedberg was just hilarious.

hick's "good times on drugs" bit is classic though. same with the hooligans one.

brian reagan is my third favorite comic, though he's a long shot from hicks or hedberg

IT'S A BEAUTY FISH!

Billy Connolly, Ben Elton and Eddie Izard. Everyone else can die.

If anyone else lists a "blue collar" comedian, I'm gonna go berzerk.
(Look what you started Dala!)

I really enjoyed Howie Mandel's stand up performance on Comedy Central a couple months ago.

You all have no idea the pain and torture poor Joule went through to find that guy's name.

The best i've ever seen is Lee Evans and Eddie Murphy (Delirious and Raw). Got great seats to see Lee Evans in October as well with a couple of mates, can't wait.

Eddie Izzard is cool. Ricky Gervais' stand up stuff is great, too.

Laivasse said:
Eddie Izzard is cool. Ricky Gervais' stand up stuff is great, too.

I hate Ricky Gervais, never liked the Office, just found it dull and pointless. Eddie Izzard is cool though, definately one of the best British standups.

Q_onfused said:
Demitri Martin (he has the most soothing voice I've ever heard.)
seconded.. just saw him the other day on Comedy Central as I was flipping and had to stop, he was utterly hilarious and seemed like several people i know, which made it all the more watchable

Billy Connolly
Bruce Bruce
Dara O'Briain
Colin Murphy
Robin Williams

And some others are great that I saw on the TV showing of "Just For Laughs" Festival from Montreal

Razor said:
I hate Ricky Gervais, never liked the Office, just found it dull and pointless.
must be why it won 2 golden globes.

Aside from that, as already stated Bill Hicks is the king, or was the king, and Denis Leary, who is quite similar. My stand up is religious for me. Lee Evans for lighter stuff, and a newer guy called Ron White, gives me a chuckle!

I like all those other guys you mentioned.....

David Cross is really funny too.

why did Mitch Hedberg go so soon? Ever since I saw him on Conan, I've been a big fan because his delivery is awesome and his jokes are so ridiculous (but always humorous). I thought he was gonna become a big star in the near future.

Carl Bannan (Sp?) Dave Chappelle and... Umm...

****, I forgot that other guy

nick_t said:
why did Mitch Hedberg go so soon? Ever since I saw him on Conan, I've been a big fan because his delivery is awesome and his jokes are so ridiculous (but always humorous). I thought he was gonna become a big star in the near future.
He had a heart attack or some drug-induced thing.

Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker" is probably the funniest standup routine I've ever seen. Bring the Pain and his newest one are also great. Martin Lawrence's "Runteldat" routine was good too. As far as classics go, Richard Prior and Eddie Murphy are two staples.

I'm white, but don't find white comdedians funny at all. Go figure.

Back