Question about Crosshair

special-ed

Reaction score
I know when you type crosshair 0 in console it gets ride of the dots, but there is still the outer crosshair. How do you get rid of this?

i am not on my computer with HL2 to test this, but i believe there is a command like
hide_hud or hidehud, that should get rid of everything, i believe u dont need to even type the crosshair 0 that hidehude or w/e will completely get rid of it all

BrimStone04 said:
i am not on my computer with HL2 to test this, but i believe there is a command like
hide_hud or hidehud, that should get rid of everything, i believe u dont need to even type the crosshair 0 that hidehude or w/e will completely get rid of it all

Nope, hidehud only hides the upper part.

Why would you want to do this? HL2 doesn't have secondary sights, like Ironsights.

I made my own wallpapers and i wanted to get rid of all the HUD, im guessing he wants to do the same. plus its fun to test how good u are at getting combine in the center of the screen w/o a crosshair, i sucked at taht btw lol

you can download custom crosshairs that either get rid of it or just replace it with a dot (which I use)

Hazar said:
you can download custom crosshairs that either get rid of it or just replace it with a dot (which I use)
got any links to some good crosshairs?

No....

I think he means the ammo and health bars, you turn those off in the options somewhere, try mouse or keyboard.

I find HL2 more enjoyable with just the outer crosshair.

crosshair 0 ftw :)

Hazar said:
I use the single dot from bullseyecrosshairs.com :)

GOD, this isn't Doom 1 or 2 you know! You NEED the crosshairs!

Grow up!

How do you aim without one? It's not like the game allows you to position sights?

Are you trying to remove it for screenshots?

It's not realistic if you have a crosshair on the screen when you're shooting stuff at zombies and headcrabs with a zero point energy field manipulator.

Back