question about hl2 vehicles.

geekusa

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows if the vehicles in hl2 like the buggy or hovercraft if they are indestructible, can they blow up or become obsolete if damaged enough?

They are indestructable.

If you want to make a mod, apparently you can mod it so that vehicles receive damage. Apparently it's also possible for the models to deform. I imagine this would be especially good for something like HL Rally.

Chris_D said:
If you want to make a mod, apparently you can mod it so that vehicles receive damage. Apparently it's also possible for the models to deform. I imagine this would be especially good for something like HL Rally.

I CAN MAKE A MUNTANT MOD THINGY!!! so when alyx is about to give you sex she deforms into a muntant in REAL TIME!!! :D:D:D

geekusa said:
i wonder why valve chose to make them indestructible...
Because it would suck to lose your buggy. And it looks like you need the buggy in some parts.

thehunter1320 said:
I CAN MAKE A MUNTANT MOD THINGY!!! so when alyx is about to give you sex she deforms into a muntant in REAL TIME!!! :D:D:D

....LoL....

i don't see why you'd ever NEED a buggy... i'd really like to see it get blown up...

thehunter1320 said:
yeah thats somthing we need more of, people saying how hot alyx is, its only a game man...hahahahahahah real time.....yeah manhunt gone wrong sounds best but i think its creature of mythical none existing...or somthing like that!

Valve's goal is to entertain the player, not beat him. Vehicles in games are entertaining, but most in-game vehicles are incredibly fragile and thus are not much fun (think Far Cry, where a merc with a pistol could take out a Hummer in less than a minute). Valve is making sure you don't lose your really cool vehicle as soon as you get it in order to maximize the entertainment value.

Mountain Man said:
Valve's goal is to entertain the player, not beat him. Vehicles in games are entertaining, but most in-game vehicles are incredibly fragile and thus are not much fun (think Far Cry, where a merc with a pistol could take out a Hummer in less than a minute). Valve is making sure you don't lose your really cool vehicle as soon as you get it in order to maximize the entertainment value.
no defenetely not, their goal is to make so much money that they can buy some nice cars themself !

Tredoslop said:
Are the vehicles single-seated or for more than one person?

Well, we've only seen two vehicles so far, but valve said that multiple NPCs or multiple players in mp can be in a vehicle at one time.

We'll the vehicles are indestructible, but you still get demaged when you are in the vehicle, so don't think you can just sit in that buggy with all those combine soldiers shooting (while you make faces at them).

Mountain Man said:

Sounds good to me!

I can just imagine me drving in the buggy, tailwhipping Barney, and watching him die a horrible death without much force. IE Halo's Teamwork.

I actually can't wait to see how the vehicle physics works. I was kinda dissapointed that in FarCry that when you run down the mercs they never bounced of the car or your windshield.

So...the tires are indestructable eh?
Good job Valve.

Oh hey! I can drive it off a cliff and still live!

Yeah, it's really too bad that Valve isn't recreating GTA:VC. :rolleyes:

Mountain Man said:

Wow a valve spokesperson. Can you tell me if Valve will be including onstar and XM satellite radio in the vehicles? What about airbags? Will they have 8-way power seats and dual climate control to maximize the entertainment factor? If I wanted to purchase on of these vehicles in real life, would I qualify for zero percent APR? Can you please elaborate further? I look forward to your official valve press release regarding my inquiries.

Back