question about the e3 2k4 video

Reaction score
when gordon follows Father Gregori, why does he keep ducking his pistol down? sry if this has been discussed...

It stops the player from shooting Gregori, as well as any freindly character.

aFireInside0016 said:
when gordon follows Father Gregori, why does he keep ducking his pistol down? sry if this has been discussed...
I think its so the player wont shoot him by mistake, I'm sure he CAN shoot him though.

What i wonder is if the player can get it's hands on that oldskool shotgun gregory is holding :)

the player would probobly be stuck with the newer shutgun, the one we see in the traptown video. 'least i think thats where its from.

NeonSpyder said:
the player would probobly be stuck with the newer shutgun, the one we see in the traptown video. 'least i think thats where its from.

Uh, why?? Who says that you can't get the old school shotgun ;)

i heard Gregori was holding an oldskool rifle... i doubt where get hold of it, he probably wont die ! :(

That is to keep kiddy players (young kids for example) from killin teammates and failing the mission. This happens when you point your crosshair at the NPC. How smart of Valve.

Yeah, I'm guessing you could kill him somehow, but you'd get a mission failed message. A bit like the one you got in Half -Life when you emerge from a sewer and see a scientist being chased by marines. If the scientist gets killed you can't proceed cos he has to open a secure door for you, or something like that.

You can kill them - it's just to warn us (as gordon).

In anyway, throw a grenade near them, and they'd die anyway - if you love to kill NPCs.

I hope it's an optional feature though, it looked VERY ANNOYING when even accidently Gordon put his crosshair on Gregori he'd put his gun down. Imagine the horror that you can't shoot a zombie who's attacking you just because your gun got holstered as Gregori was nearby.

It does seem that Father Gregory might die. If you notice when it you are following him, those weird zombies show up and kill you. Well, later in the video there's a part where you're picking up circular razor things with the manipulator gun, before that you're outside hitting legs tied to a rope. The area where you are outside looks very similar to where the person playing is killed by the zombie things. Also, if you look in the distance when the zombies start coming, you see a house that looks like the house that you go in to get the circular razor things.

BigNamek said:
It does seem that Father Gregory might die. If you notice when it you are following him, those weird zombies show up and kill you. Well, later in the video there's a part where you're picking up circular razor things with the manipulator gun, before that you're outside hitting legs tied to a rope. The area where you are outside looks very similar to where the person playing is killed by the zombie things. Also, if you look in the distance when the zombies start coming, you see a house that looks like the house that you go in to get the circular razor things.

Gregori says that you dodged his traps. Remember in e3 2003 that traptown sequence? That looks a lot more like the bit with the hanging severed legs, and it was full of traps. Also, Gregori says "I will lead you to the mines", so I'm guessing you meet him after ravenholm (or at least after the circular razor sequence), when you venture into some woods just on the outskirts of the town.

i think Father Gregori will hold his own against them :) i think he'll be the coolest character... well, almost as kool as the G-man :)

Back