Question about Windows 7 RC

Captain M4d

POWER OVERWHELMING
Reaction score
Can I install Windows 7 with Windows XP still installed? I'm reading in some places that I'll have to do a clean boot of the machine, but I can't afford to do that now. I just want to try the new Windows OS really badly!

You can duel boot which is what i'm doing with Vista. Install Windows 7 on a separate partition, if you don't have a partition then you'll have to create one. Then when you boot your PC you will get an option whether you want to boot XP or 7, and you XP installation won't be effected.

What you can't do is upgrade from XP to Win7 (install over it).

I went from XP to Win 7 Beta, kept all my XP install though =/

I remember hearing Steam wasn't working too well with Windows 7. Has that been rectified yet?

Well, maybe I was thinking of Vista then :p

Captain M4d,

You can install Windows 7 RC with Windows XP still installed if you were to set up a dual boot with two seperate partitions. If you create a second partition and install Windows 7 RC on that parition alone, it will install as a clean install.

If you'd like, I would highly recommend checking out the following site:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd361745.aspx

It provides many helpful tips, videos and forums directly supported by Microsoft for any lingering questions you may have.

Let us know what you think as well please!

Jessica
Microsoft TechNet / Sprinboard

Hey guys I am completely unable to download the Windows 7 Release Candidate, and I really want to have it ready on disk to go for when I put my computer together on Friday.

When I try downloading it, I just get to this page that keeps spinning and ultimately does nothing.

Are there any mirrors or anything that I can download from?

tmpc9tmp.jpg

EDIT: I didn't think of trying internet explorer. Let me try that.

Yep. IE is working for it. Sorry...

Back