Question for all you Steam techies

C

Castor66

I have recently and successfully installed the fully cached version of Steam, and everything is running great. But does anybody know if this means I can go back and delete the full old Sierra\Half-Life folders? Do those have any use now? Is everything I need to play, including my old cd-keys, now within Steam?

If everything is working great with Steam there is no need to have the old copy of Half-Life... I just kept mine because I have plenty of free HD space.

And also if you lose your connection & want to Single player it up some or fancy some 1.5 then you will want to keep your original install.

I've vaped mine and not had any bad effects yet though. :)

*touch wood*

If you really want to play CS 1.5 you can do it with Steam.
You add it as a 3rd Party Mod... but you will only be able to play it with people that have their folder named the same way (cstrike_15 and cstrike15 wouldn't be able to connect to each other).

Most people I know of use "cstrike15" but it's not official, of course... and I haven't actually tried it.

i first went to my start menu and uninstalled cs from there then i deleted my sierra folder, now cs wont run on steam, can anyone help me? whenever i tell it to automatically update cs it says: "SteamProcessCall(StartLoading,0xab000f,0xab000f,0x1dbfc04,0x1dbfd0c) failed with error 1: Signature check failed for Checksum block"
all the other games work fine in steam

if i try to run cs it displays a similar message and asks me if i want to flush the cache, so i click ok and another comes up with a different number

Originally posted by Arn
i first went to my start menu and uninstalled cs from there then i deleted my sierra folder, now cs wont run on steam, can anyone help me? whenever i tell it to automatically update cs it says: "SteamProcessCall(StartLoading,0xab000f,0xab000f,0x1dbfc04,0x1dbfd0c) failed with error 1: Signature check failed for Checksum block"
all the other games work fine in steam

if i try to run cs it displays a similar message and asks me if i want to flush the cache, so i click ok and another comes up with a different number

Go to Games > Rightclick on CS > Properties > (Select under drop-down menu) Do not automaticly update this game. > Delete local game content > DELETE

After you do this you'll have to re-download CS to play it but it should work.

Back