questions for anyone.

D

Dr.Emmit Brown

which half-life weapons will come back to half-life 2?

do the antlion balls have an unlimited supply once you get one? (I noticed that the ammo box in the hud disappeared when you equip antlion attractors in the blink videos)

does the "Psyche" blink video tell us anything about the story in the moving pictures?

where did you get the Half-Life logo?

what is the half-life 2 game menu going to look like?

will the two attached monsters be in hl2? and could you give me the place were these two monsters were cut from in the original half-life?

Attachments

• friendly.jpg
    friendly.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 401
  • zoology20000.JPG
    zoology20000.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 401
1. lots
2. nobody knows
3. maybe, but not much more than that Gordon was under some sort of cryo storage maybe
4. ?
5. we see it in the 2004 videos
5. Nobody knows, but probably not

What the heck is that thing in friendly.jpg, barnacle or headcrab?

it was some weird alien thing that when animated rolled those arm things around and generally looked odd. PLay USS Darkstar the mod and you will see both in action, along with a few other cut out creatures.

Dr.Emmit Brown said:
do the antlion balls have an unlimited supply once you get one? (I noticed that the ammo box in the hud disappeared when you equip antlion attractors in the blink videos)
does the "Psyche" blink video tell us anything about the story in the moving pictures?
will the two attached monsters be in hl2? and could you give me the place were these two monsters were cut from in the original half-life?

Might be worth emailing gabe to get more promising answers. We'd mostly be guessing at those.

GREAT SCOTT!

Was the first one in Darkstar? I don't remember it?

it was running around some of those bizarre 'environment' areas. Some had grunts, some had houndeyes, one had these things.

Apos said:
1. lots
2. nobody knows
3. maybe, but not much more than that Gordon was under some sort of cryo storage maybe
4. ?
5. we see it in the 2004 videos
5. Nobody knows, but probably not
which half life 2 video will I see the game menu?

Dr.Emmit Brown said:
which half life 2 video will I see the game menu?

I think it might be the gamespy vid that shows them bringing up the demos from a console within HL2...

trantjd said:
I think it might be the gamespy vid that shows them bringing up the demos from a console within HL2...
quite a big dowload, quite a big line...
...I'l download it!
------------------------------------------
anybody know family guy Gabe's email adress?

are you somhow under the impression that someone from valve will answer your questions here? sorry, but it sounds like you are asking as if valve will answer you directley

menu

here's a screenshot in the e32k4 vid's of the menu.

Attachments

• menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 269
We don't know what the menu will look like, Gabe also brought up a different HL2 menu, so we cant be sure.

The creature in your second pic is near identical to a piece of HL2 art labeled 'Kingpin'.

What? Where have you gotten those pictures from? I smell Alpha...

They were from the e3 2004 demo vid.

Download it and look above ▲

That second picture, the kingpin, will possibly end up in HL2. It's in the concept art, after all.

Frank said:
What? Where have you gotten those pictures from? I smell Alpha...
and I smell false in your answer
gotten those pics from andther thread, and they are both half-life 1 enemies

how would you know it looked exactly like a kipling? gone to the E3 show?

dam, someone beat me to it!

Kingpin was an enemy cut from HL1. The concept art is also from the HL1 one days, so it doesn't tell us anything about whether it's going to be in HL2.

The HL2 menu in the e32004 vids, however, at one point had a neat moody background (not shown in that pic that was posted), but shown in this one.

The menu, will be a steam look-a-like, that's for sure :)

I'm pretty sure they'll be doing MP in the Steam mode: MP games are separate loads. That way, they can update various MP options without having to update the SP game.

Yeah I like that its seperate from the singleplayer exe. Its easy for them to update the game without unintentionaly messing something else up.

Dr. Breen. Not that knowing his name helps. Just listen to him on the monitor, he tells you everything that we so far know about who he is, other than that he probably was involved with Black Mesa in some way (he seems to be a scientist).

I thought he was the administrator and that's why he said he was pleased to locate his administration in City 17.

CreamOfetus said:
i like how there is no 'multiplayer' option in the menu :rolleyes:

Nowadays many games have a different exe file for multiplayer (CoD for example). However valve should have put the option to switch between MP and SP.

Dr.Emmit Brown said:
>these are the confirmed weapons in the game: http://www.halflife2.net/index.php?page=weapons
>no. Can't say more (betaspoilers ;P)
>Only that in the time between HL1 & 2 Gordon has been in some kind of coma/cryosleep
>uh... internet? ;)
>It is my belief it will be something else everytime you start it. And you will be able to customize it. The background that is; the buttons will be the same as in every other Steam game.
>unknown

10charsdamnit

Those answers are based on the beta and should not be taken as fact.

Rupertvdb said:
it was some weird alien thing that when animated rolled those arm things around and generally looked odd. PLay USS Darkstar the mod and you will see both in action, along with a few other cut out creatures.

this mod sounds interesting; i've never heared of it, for some reason, so i dl'd the darkstar mod from fileplanet (is only about 10 megs??) but it doesn't look like its built to run with steam...does anyone know how to run an old mod like this in steam, or where to find a newer version of the mod that works in steam? would appreciate.

It's just maps, not really a mod per se. Some of the best maps ever made though, by the guy that made They Hunger.

so, can i run it thru the third-party games section of steam, or do i need to re-install an old copy of HL?

vegeta897 said:
Those answers are based on the beta and should not be taken as fact.

I see one of this answers having direct relation to the "beta," the rest aren't

madFive said:
so, can i run it thru the third-party games section of steam, or do i need to re-install an old copy of HL?

With anyluck you should be able to stick the mod folder in to steamapps/emailaddress/half-life/

Fingers crossed it'll work.

If it's just a map, you can just drop it into the half-life maps folder and load it up like any map.

Back