quicktime help!!

mastag

Tank
Reaction score
every time i try to open quicktime player it says switching.... and it does nothing. please help!!

I know when you open Quicktime it's trying to connect online and load a page that shows links to media. Do you know of anything that would be blocking it? or do you think it is just freezing/getting stuck?

If there is a quicktime icon down by the clock can you right click on it and go to preferences and then player preferences?
Try unchecking 'Show Content Guide at startup' under Other.

I know when you open Quicktime it's trying to connect online and load a page that shows links to media. Do you know of anything that would be blocking it? or do you think it is just freezing/getting stuck?

If there is a quicktime icon down by the clock can you right click on it and go to preferences and then player preferences?
Try unchecking 'Show Content Guide at startup' under Other.

i right clicked and went to player preferences but did not find a show content guide at startup.

....what version of Quicktime do you have? make sure you get the one that comes WITH iTUNES...the others maynot fuction properly.

i have quicktime player 7 with itunes. i am listening to itunes right now.

well the real problem was not that it wasnt playing videos, it was that i had no sound. i went to preferences and changed the speaker setup and it works fine now. it still says switching but i can download videos and play them using quicktime strangely enough. thanks for the replies everyone!!!

Back