r6025 - Pure virtual function call - HL2 E1

K

konvulse

During the alarm chapter (1) after you have to clear a blockage, you go in this thing, where this laser path comes up and alien things start coming. When the explosion goes I get a "r6025 - Pure virtual function call " C++ runtime error. I have SP1 if that matters :cheese: :imu:

Thank you everyone. Wonderful boards, Ill try to be active

Well, Half-Life 2 actually isn't guaranteed to work SP1. Can't you update?
Or do you have one of those, rather clandestine Windows installations :p

Someone i heard on a forum, had the same problem and had sp2. It seems like I just get a "C++ runtime error" now with hl2.exe.

verify steam cache files (in the my games menu, right click on Episode One, go to Properties, and then click Verify Game Files or Cache Files or something to that effect). if that doesn't work, come back and we try more.

No its all good.. any more help?

Its not the r6025 anymore - now its this runtime error.. ;(

thanks.

Perhaps reinstall the game, seeing as you've just updated to SP2?

Pent 4 2.2Ghz, OC'd@ 2.6 (I put it back to normal cpu speed tried, and didnt work)
Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 440 :)'()
512MB RAM

what else? its 1am and im tired.

i'm running into this now on a Dell Latitude D630 laptop... has it been solved / quick patch or reg edit?

yeah... well after I completely wiped the machine, this crash still happens during DM -- so I suspect its just one of those quirky built-in video cards with Dell that has "issues" and there seem to be no driver updates.

this will probably be the #1 reason I buy my next Desktop-- at the very least something that runs all the latest FPS, i can't even play L4Dead until I upgrade :LOL:

Back