RADEON 9800 PRO >< NVIDIA 6800

6800 has a more powerful GPU.

That 9800 pro you linked to however is an All in Wonder card with TV tuner/Tivo type functionality.

Vito Dintino said:
wat does tv tuner and tivo do for me lol?
Get the 6800.

sorry, bit rude. it allows you to watch tv on your computer (assuming you dont have satalite), and record shows by scheduel (but only when youre not otherwise watching tv or playing games). But if you're not already wanting this, chances are its just wasting your $.

k lol thx a bunch guys also, wat kind of fps would i get with the 6800, with a AMD 3200 + processor 2.2 GHZ (i think) and 1 gig of ram?

hmm... how fast is the gpu on the 6800, I have all of my graphics maxed out on my 9800 pro (I dont have the same one that he shows here, mine is 256MB and overclocked... about $50 more than the one shown here)

This will give you an idea, at least for HL2.
Here is an all-around review. The 6800 seems to be a better bet yet it doesn't show any lead in some games when AA and AF are enabled. Base it on the games you play, the resolution and if you use AA/AF.

Sapphire 9800 Pro
MSI 9800 Pro

XFX 6800 you listed.

Asus said:
This will give you an idea, at least for HL2.
Here is an all-around review. The 6800 seems to be a better bet yet it doesn't show any lead in some games when AA and AF are enabled. Base it on the games you play, the resolution and if you use AA/AF.

Sapphire 9800 Pro
MSI 9800 Pro

XFX 6800 you listed.

That Sapphire 9800 pro you linked to him is the 128-bit 9800 Atlantis, bad card.

So it is, I didn't check considering the price. The MSI is a better card, it was just out of stock for the time being.

Back