raed tihs!

Reaction score
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

I find that disturbing.

I can read that perfectly.

It actually just sounds like some people on these boards.

That is strange... hmmm... yeah, I didn't have any problems reading that at all

and feath, yes it does :p

Yeah, i have no problems reading that.

Edit:
Than again it could be the years of training at various forums. :)

PriNcE oF SpAcE

your swedish right? i saw the text in swedish a few days ago :)

Yea, that was easy to read. I read it as if it were spelled correctly. :eek:

The ****ing english language is ****ing ****ed up or starting to get really ****ed up.

That's interesting, I could actually read that in just one go, not stopping at any word.

And it WAS about boobies, right?

Thats amazing, makes you feel just that bit more smarter doesnt it:D Excellent

Wow, actually that is pretty cool. I can read all of that easily. I'll have to try it out sometime :)

Some idiots do speak like that. /me sets on anti-flame cap

Especially those that listen to 50 Cent,Snop Dogg,Eminem,Tu-Pac,and all those other idiots.

Man nw909 you msesed up! the fsrit and lsat lttres hvae to be the smae!

atiinsesrtalisenndtaiaisbmm! dilcoobbouatismn!

I don't think mine's working!

edit- try this one. puuemtraamcrpsslllcooooooooovcccnnnniiiss.. since the order doesn't matter I figured I would group letters, try to read it!

Incase you haven't noticed it doesn't work with unfamiliar words, words of a significant length or small groups of letters also throw you off by I suppose making you recognize unneeded patterns.

just so you know the words are antidisestablishmentarianism (spelling? rofl) and from the forums discombobulation... the last word their in the edit is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis which is actually a word.

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Well, I read it perfectly. :p

gvie him a bwroine

Hrm, It doesnt work for some words as well as others.

Whoa... it took me a little longer to read and I had to check a couple words but... nice :D

can read it no problem...

of course...its the third time in two days I've seen it.... ;)

Originally posted by Feath
I find that disturbing.

I can read that perfectly.

It actually just sounds like some people on these boards.

It is disturbing!!! How come? does it have to do with how our brain works when it reads? is it visual-memory related?

Hey, if you want to see something scary related to language, you should check out the longest possible word combination there is. Its a chemical formula, so its not strictly in the dictionary but I assure you it is real - try searching for the 1st few letters on google or something to verify.

The full name of the tryptophan synthetase A protein, an enzyme with 267 amino acids, extends to 1,913 letters:

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucylphenylalanyla lanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyllysylglutamylglycylalany lphenylalanylvalylprolylphenylalanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspa rtylprolylglycylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleu cylaspartylthreonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspar tylalanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylphenylalanylser ylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolylthreonyliso leucylglutaminylaspfraginylalanylthreonylleucylarginylalanylpheny lalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonylprolylalanylglutaminylcyste inylphenylalanylglutamylmethionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylargin ylglutaminyllysylhistidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylgl ycylleucylleucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylpheny lalanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenylalany ltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalylglycylva lylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalylprolylvalylglu taminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanylarginylglutaminylalan ylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginylvalylalanylprolylisoleucy lphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinylprolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartyl aspartylaspartylleucylleucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryl tyrosylglycylarginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylseryl arginylalanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparag inylarginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparaginylhistidylleucy lvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginylalanylalany lprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanylglycylisoleucylser ylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysylalanylalanylisoleucylas partylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycylalanylisoleucylserylglycylser ylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisoleucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhi stidylasparaginylisoleucylglutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethio nylleucylalanylalanylleucyllysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutaminylp rolylmethion yllysylalanylalanylthreonylarginylserine.

No, I'm not joking. There's one you dont hear so often! :x

Could read it without any problem (not the above)... Freaky indeed since english isnt even my native language :)

Back