Raising the Bar.

craig

Reaction score
Okay, I've just purchased Raising the Bar from www.game.uk.com, which as far as I'm aware is the equivalent to ebgames in the US?

They have the book for £12.99 on pre-order, which seems good to me, but all it says regarding a date is TBC.. does anyone know when the UK will get shipments of Raising the Bar?

Direct link for anyone thats interested: http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=2&mid=323253

I'm not sure about the UK...but on the subject of the Raising the Bar book....

I ordered it from Amazon and recently got an e-mail saying this.

Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar - A Behind the Scenes Look : Prima's Official Insider's Guide, by DAVID HODGSON
- Updated shipping estimate: November 29 - December 6
- Updated delivery estimate: December 2 - December 13

And I live in California.

damn. I thought it was being released like 4 days before Half Life 2?

rammstein said:
Spoilers I imagine craig

suppose so, but ebgames has it down for an 11/11 release. gameplay in the uk has it for a 11/16 release.. I mean basically it's the same fiasco we had with HL2... i.e. no one has a clue!

I doubt I'll even read it :p
I don't have time for that shit.
So much other stuff to read.
/me reads.

:frown: I thought it was released today, 11/9

I read in a forum, doug from valve said it would hit US shelves early next week. Not sure about the UK though..

The book is in the CE edition which comes out on the 16th so it has to be ready to go by now. It will probably hit the shelfs at the same time.

I ordered it through EB,
as Craig said, its listed on the site for 11/11 release. It also has HL2 for a 15/11 release, so I can't be sure....
If I check tommorrow evening and it says open/shipping/shipped then I know that is on its way.
Won't matter though, I wont see it till next year (Assuming I don't complete HL2 in 5 days (and I wont at Christmas))

I ordered mine from another online book seller, and was immediately told:

Your order has been back-ordered as we do not have the item(s) in stock at this time. As soon as we receive stock your order will be despatched and an email confirming this will be sent.

:(

InvaderScooge said:
The book is in the CE edition which comes out on the 16th so it has to be ready to go by now. It will probably hit the shelfs at the same time.
No it isn't. there is a smaller and shorter version of the book in the CE of HL2. But i do think that it will be released on the same day as HL2.

lordoftheroot said:
No it isn't. there is a smaller and shorter version of the book in the CE of HL2. But i do think that it will be released on the same day as HL2.
~120 page sampler of Strategy guide and raising the bar.

Or ~1/6th of both in total.

Back