Rational theories

Rafa 5.0

Spy
Reaction score
Ok, I wanna read all the theories you guys are coming up with about how Aftermath starts, how Gordon and Alyx survived the blast etc etc etc, but it's kinda hard to browse through all the topics, so if you guys could post them here it would be great, thanks. :D
I have one of my own but i'm still formulating it since it doesn't make much sense.

ive been trying to come up with a sound theory myself. ill post it once it doesnt sound too crazy.

The fact that Alyx survives and that we keep in contact with her makes speculation alot harder.

either gman saves her and u, or the explosion wasn't really an explosion, but a slow portal or sumcrap?\

PRO ADRIAN SHEPARD

Ok guys, i think that unfortunately alyx will die, its unavoidable, she was inside the blast radius of the explosion. So if you dont want to know that dont read any further...

My theory starts here:

After the explosion of the dark-energy portal, g-man freezes time and comes for gordon, he doesnt think alyx has proved herself worthy (even though she probably would have lived without gordons help) thus g-man doesnt save her, he just comes for gordon, gordon is taken back into status awaiting assignment. Now, G-man definately has superiors, that has been pretty damn well cemented into fact for a while now, and his superiors are getting pissed at his 'liberal' attitude pertaining to the capture and imprisioning of gordon freeman and adrian shephard. They decide after the whole incident that gordon is far too dangerous to have lying around, if he finds a way out of status the implications could be batshitinsane. So they decide its time to erase freeman in place of a good soldier boy 'Shephard'. The G-man mentioned in OF that he (cant remember the words exactly) has a thing about people who adapt to their circumstances and prove themselves, that they remind him of himself. This opens up a whole new can of worms that i wont begin to comprehend. So when G-man gets the orders to 'shovel' freeman, hes a tad 'uneasy' about the whole issue, so instead, he releases him, telling him that he cant 'watch out for him' anymore, and perhaps explains everything to freeman before he releases him so he may have a chance to live. (how many times would you have died if they explained to you that some floors do cave in and drop you into electrified water?)
Thus Freeman is released, he now knows the truth, knows that to fight any more would be supurfulous, that he would die and with him the world. So he dissapears (of his own accord this time) and becomes a hermit, living somewhere like the small antlion town in sandtraps. Time rolls around and gordon no longer has the luxshery (bad spelling) of never aging, he grows older, he stops thinking about the universe and about what the g-man told him, he lives for himself.

Time rolls along merrily, and things begin to change, gordons world stays the same (that being his home) but the rest of the world changes, the higher powers begin to assert control over the galaxy and start bringing the races togeather, and we start to see a far more multicultural planet, aliens from all over start flooding to earth, it becomes somewhat of a refuge, the only thing keeping the 'higher powers' out is the threat of freeman, whos victories still ring in their ears, but not for long, for they are growing more powerfull and arrogant, they no-longer fear the aging gordon.

So they come to earth, they invade. The humans (thanks to gordons vitory against the transhuman combine forces) fight harder and more curageously for their lands, they fight well and manage to hold off the enemy aliens for a time, but that time is coming to an end, still the freeman refuses to return to society, the life he has lived has always been one of solitude, and he is happy that way.

But the humans havnt forgotten freeman, but they begin to lose hope of his ever returning. Gordon is lost to them. He isnt lost to one little boy, who father told him of the great freeman, the man who saved them all from the first aliens. The man who saved his father oh so many years ago. Barneys son, now a teenager begins to search for the freeman, he leaves home and begins his journey.

Sorry, that turned into more of a fanfic than a theory, but i think its still theoretical ;)

Ok, so much for rational.

I'd also have to point out that we already know that Alyx lived. So theres already a hole in that idea anyway.

Flashlight said:
Ok guys, i think that unfortunately alyx will die, its unavoidable, she was inside the blast radius of the explosion. So if you dont want to know that dont read any further...

My theory starts here:

After the explosion of the dark-energy portal, g-man freezes time and comes for gordon, he doesnt think alyx has proved herself worthy (even though she probably would have lived without gordons help) thus g-man doesnt save her, he just comes for gordon, gordon is taken back into status awaiting assignment. Now, G-man definately has superiors, that has been pretty damn well cemented into fact for a while now, and his superiors are getting pissed at his 'liberal' attitude pertaining to the capture and imprisioning of gordon freeman and adrian shephard. They decide after the whole incident that gordon is far too dangerous to have lying around, if he finds a way out of status the implications could be batshitinsane. So they decide its time to erase freeman in place of a good soldier boy 'Shephard'. The G-man mentioned in OF that he (cant remember the words exactly) has a thing about people who adapt to their circumstances and prove themselves, that they remind him of himself. This opens up a whole new can of worms that i wont begin to comprehend. So when G-man gets the orders to 'shovel' freeman, hes a tad 'uneasy' about the whole issue, so instead, he releases him, telling him that he cant 'watch out for him' anymore, and perhaps explains everything to freeman before he releases him so he may have a chance to live. (how many times would you have died if they explained to you that some floors do cave in and drop you into electrified water?)
Thus Freeman is released, he now knows the truth, knows that to fight any more would be supurfulous, that he would die and with him the world. So he dissapears (of his own accord this time) and becomes a hermit, living somewhere like the small antlion town in sandtraps. Time rolls around and gordon no longer has the luxshery (bad spelling) of never aging, he grows older, he stops thinking about the universe and about what the g-man told him, he lives for himself.

Time rolls along merrily, and things begin to change, gordons world stays the same (that being his home) but the rest of the world changes, the higher powers begin to assert control over the galaxy and start bringing the races togeather, and we start to see a far more multicultural planet, aliens from all over start flooding to earth, it becomes somewhat of a refuge, the only thing keeping the 'higher powers' out is the threat of freeman, whos victories still ring in their ears, but not for long, for they are growing more powerfull and arrogant, they no-longer fear the aging gordon.

So they come to earth, they invade. The humans (thanks to gordons vitory against the transhuman combine forces) fight harder and more curageously for their lands, they fight well and manage to hold off the enemy aliens for a time, but that time is coming to an end, still the freeman refuses to return to society, the life he has lived has always been one of solitude, and he is happy that way.

But the humans havnt forgotten freeman, but they begin to lose hope of his ever returning. Gordon is lost to them. He isnt lost to one little boy, who father told him of the great freeman, the man who saved them all from the first aliens. The man who saved his father oh so many years ago. Barneys son, now a teenager begins to search for the freeman, he leaves home and begins his journey.

Sorry, that turned into more of a fanfic than a theory, but i think its still theoretical ;)
uhhh :| :| :|

well.....

you see....

ok, wtf??? :rolling:

I think Gordon is out of the picture in this one, considering the G-Man is holding him till he's needed again. The expansion takes place right after the events of Half-Life 2, so it wouldn't make any sense for the G-Man to put Gordon in suspended animation, or whatever the **** he does with him.

The game will probably put you in the shoes of some other character, and you will spend a lot of time with Alyx. Valve wants to focus on Alyx's character, but not have her as a playable character.

Just my thoughts.

my guess--you're a random citizen.

although i'd love to play as colonel odessa....that way i could talk in a phony pompous 19th century-style british accent.

Its already been confirmed that you play as gordon and that alyx survives. This is just spam bait. There is a rumors and speculations thread and an aftermath thread USE THEM.

---Thread closed---

You start the game. You see the last moments at the ctiadel flash by the screen in 8x fast forward mode in black and white, and at the explosion, it freezes and fades away.

Alyx: Gordon, come on, get up, we have to get to the safe zone!

You're lying down, Alyx over you, in a canyon of what used to be City 17. Somehow both you and Alyx safely survived the citadel's collapse (teh GMan r0x). You have to get hurry and get to the safe zone, the resistance's temporary HQ at Eli's old lab. You must make it there before nightfall, or, They will find you out in the open. By They, I mean the true Combine of course. After their Earth base's collapse, they decided to switch their invasion of Earth into high gear. No longer is their an Overwatch, but just the Combine themselves.

Once you reach the HQ, you are slightly briefed on the events that happened while you were "unconcious". Your mission now is to travel back to Dr. Kleiner's lab and retrieve the doctor and his research. He radioed in earlier that day but they lost contact with him soon after.

Yeah, that theory could work. Kind of makes sense, as most of the head-honchos of the resistance were located far away from the Citadel, so they could have survived, and Eli and Mossman would still be alive probably since they might have been able to make it out alive and hook up with the d00ds outside the Citadel, like Barney and stuff.

Frankly, no matter the story, I just can't wait for AM.

I believe,as posted somewhere else, the Combine try to kidnap you from wherever you are to make you pay.

The Gman/whoever interferes and you fall back into Alyx's arms in the middle of the Citadel.

Gordan would be made into a combine, and thus you spend the half of the game moving about in the citidel, trying to change back to your true self.

Well the first part of the game has you leaving the citadel, and from the screens shown outside its still standing as well.

Samon said:
Well the first part of the game has you leaving the citadel, and from the screens shown outside its still standing as well.

Umm...what screens?

Back