Raycast Poly Selection in XSI (bug?)

Wilco

Reaction score
You might need the original file 2 understand this so here it is.

.exp file

Now if you look at this picture:
problem_selecting.jpg

Im trying to select the inner circle of polygons in what i think is raycast mode (what u get from pressing u). I can select them all bar the 1 shown, when I click in the region of that it selects a totally random polygon. This happened just before i tried this, but i managed to get around that.

Is this a bug in XSI? or have I messed this up badly?

I know the model is crap, Im not very good at this, Im more a programmer.

What polygon does it select? Are you sure there's actually a polygon there? Maybe you deleted the triangle without realizing it.

just select the surrounding faces from a side view and then just deselect the stuff u don't want

f10 = Raycast

U= Select Polygons(default) which just happens to be raycast, hehehe.

Anyway, depending what version you are using there might be a bug, but I haven't come across one like this since 2.something.

What in gods name is a .exp file? I've never came across one in xsi.

Just a guess though is....

1. Like they said there may not be anything there in that traingle.

2. Your normals might be inverted on that one polygon, but if they like that, usually a double edge would show up around it; since it isn't, I don't think it is that problem.

Try hitting "U" then "F7" for the rectangular selection and select the entire object to see if you get that missing poly, if you do just deselect what you don't need.

Originally posted by Jaenos
f10 = Raycast

U= Select Polygons(default) which just happens to be raycast, hehehe.

Anyway, depending what version you are using there might be a bug, but I haven't come across one like this since 2.something.

What in gods name is a .exp file? I've never came across one in xsi.

Just a guess though is....

1. Like they said there may not be anything there in that traingle.

2. Your normals might be inverted on that one polygon, but if they like that, usually a double edge would show up around it; since it isn't, I don't think it is that problem.

Try hitting "U" then "F7" for the rectangular selection and select the entire object to see if you get that missing poly, if you do just deselect what you don't need.

Its a known issue with certain generations of graphics card drivers, AFAIK. Do make sure that if you have an advanced OGL settings tab on your gfx card that lets you set application specific settings, it is set to Softimage|XSI...saves a lot of problems.

Back