Razer Mamba help

tesher06

Spy
Reaction score
So I just bought the Razer Mamba yesterday and it took me 2 or 3 hours to get it to work (wireless mode). Today I tried to get the (wired) part to work but it doesn't work. I have all the firmware and drivers updated and everytime I plug in the usb to the mouse directly, it asks to download drivers which absolutely do nothing at all. Can some one please help me to get the wired part to work? I'm using Windows vista 32 bit home premium, and when I plugged in the mouse into an xp computer, it worked perfectly with no problems.

mhm strange fro me it was straight plug and play.
did u try a different USB port?

Sounds like a Vista issue? I got a Death Adder last year and it was plug and play no problems even before the driver install on XP.

I tried multiple usb ports, and all of them did the same thing. A popup asking to install drivers for the unknown hardware.

This could probably be resolved by a reformat. Sometimes Windows in general has this problem where the USB ports are associated with other devices, and when it tries to install a new driver/device, it doesn't find it due to the association.

It basically looks for an imaginary driver. I've had this problem happen a shit ton of times, but reformatting usually fixes it.

So how do I reformat the usb drives? Unless you mean reformat windows which I'm not going to do for a mouse.

He's talking about Windows...which I wouldn't do for a mouse either. I'd vote it being a driver issue. Are there any new ones online you can DL?

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=29&pcid=0&nav=0\
I'm on version 1.05 atm. Someone told me it could be Vista. But than again, I plugged the mouse into my dads laptop which uses Vista, and it worked fine.

no u dont get it.
the base drivers for any mouse is corrupted in ur vista in ur pc.

like HID drivers andstuff.

u might need to reinstall ur operating system = reformat.

unless u wanna find all the base mouse drivers for vista and all that
which would be alot more work.

Back