Rdram!!

kupix

Reaction score
Hey,

i brought a dell system just over 2 years ago (p4 2ghz, 256RDRAM 800, 120gig, and a geforce3 ti500), since then the grpahics card has been replacced with a radeon9000, i was wondering if it would be worth a new 256rdram stick for palying hl2, but looking at the price over £100 for 256!!! im not too shore, im not getting a new pc till next march btw.

If you can afford it, an extra 256 mb would work wonders especially in games like HL2. Make sure you get the same speed (pc800) and remember rdram MUST go in in pairs, which means you will probably need to buy 2x 128mb pc800 rdram.

I think you might want to upgrade the video card, before memory...because thats a little old :-P get a 9600 card or something, that can do dx9, you will love it!

Rambus. :(

It's expensive because there's no supply anymore...

Especially if you're running Win XP, you may want to consider another 256 MB. Of course you may want to feel out your options for a more thorough upgrade to a platform that didn't use Rambus too.

But performance wise RDRAM is more than a match for ddr, keep your current platform and enjoy the benefits, then come March you can upgrade to a more suitable, up to date platform.

Back