Re-Introducing "Morgann Mk2"

slap

Reaction score
I consider "Morgann" now pretty much finished. All that remains for me to do is add a few animations and she is good to go. Mostly useable as a ragdoll as I very carefully skinned her so as not to distort to much when limp. Overall im quite pleased with her final look, perhaps the hair still needs some work. but the length seems to be just right so Ill leave it for now. She is not useable in face poser and I havent yet done qc eyes but in game you wouldnt notice to much. Unless of course you want to have her speak, in which case you will have to wait a bit until I sort that part of animating her out. In the meantime I will release her as a standalone character for use in your maps and whatnot. She should make a nice addition I hope to you ragdoll collection. Im just gonna spend another day tweaking a ton of things first, in order to make her as enjoyable as possible for you folk when I finaly let her lose..! Please comment on anything..thanks..

Enjoy the pics..!

sheet28vm.jpg

sheet17un.jpg

sheet36nv.jpg

sheet44bd.jpg

sheet58wn.jpg

sheet64tt.jpg

:cheers:

please change the face. please!

good other than that.

Remove the thong. Looks painted on.
Face is better but still not quite there.
And the straps on the legs don't align.
sheet44bd.jpg

Yes, face is definately better. I would also agree with removing the thong. And try to make the clothes using a normal map.

well, shes still looks strange, but better then the model before this one ;)

Razor said:
Yes, face is definately better. I would also agree with removing the thong. And try to make the clothes using a normal map.

It is all texture map plus normal/spec/alpha. The only real geometry are the little boxes and dagger and boots. The rest is all texture map work..! I deliberately made her this way so as to make it pretty easy for anybody to change the outfit.. :burp:

yeah thats how a lot of the people in the industry worked b4 hl2 the work is reallygood slap i like the spec maps a lot the skin tone is really good ...just one thing u could have worked on was raising the straps up using bump which i think u tried but it doesnt look right for some reason anyways id like to discuss more about ur approach if u could email me at
[email protected] id much apreciate it .

mindless_moder said:
yeah thats how a lot of the people in the industry worked b4 hl2 the work is reallygood slap i like the spec maps a lot the skin tone is really good ...just one thing u could have worked on was raising the straps up using bump which i think u tried but it doesnt look right for some reason anyways id like to discuss more about ur approach if u could email me at
[email protected] id much apreciate it .

That is what i mean, you might of used normal and bump maps for the straps and belts, but is there anyway you could increase the "bumps" or something, make the belts look like they stand out even more? But i do agree about the skin, the skin tone is absolutely amazing.

What is up with her skin? Make it not look so frickin dirty.

Goodness put some clothes on. It's a great model if it's meant to be a prostitute.

her face is still fugly, but the rest of the model looks alright, maybe a little less dirty, but not a bad job, just the face, seriously, paper bag my ass, i'd need a damn plastic bag

u guys dont realise the significance behind this texturing style .....

"What is up with her skin? Make it not look so frickin dirty."
that goes according to the libery of the artist ..he wanted it like that.

How much trouble would it be to redo the head without the hat? It's so dark colored that it blends
into her hair color, making it look like the top of her head is oddly shaped when viewed in low light.
(See images 4 through 6 for what I mean.)

I've said it before, but please give this gal some more clothes! Honestly, right now the vibe
I'm getting from looking at the model right now is "Fallout hooker." I don't know if that's what you're
going for, but at least make one other model texture that has more clothing on.

Icarusintel said:
her face is still fugly, but the rest of the model looks alright, maybe a little less dirty, but not a bad job, just the face, seriously, paper bag my ass, i'd need a damn plastic bag

For cripes sake, I don't think Slap was trying to make a glamor model gone rebel, certainly not Alyx's sister or something, so a less than attractive face probably fits best. I think what's more important is that she's accurate anatomically with proper physical proportions, skin tones and muscle, etc.

It's easy to be picky over things like cleanliness, hats, clothing, underwear etc but those details would have to fit her intended usage. Alyx, Barney, Eli and Kleiner are detailed accordingly to fit the HL2 story and would obviously look ridiculous if used in a WW2 themed mod for example.

The hat's got to go too, or be implemented better. It looks like it's too smalll for her head and it's just sitting at the top.

Not going to model the eyes? She looks lifeless. Model the eyes.

Coming along well. Mind explaining how you created the normal map? I've been trying with the mod tool but not managed to far.

Back