Read here if you are upset with gamespots review

I don't understand WHY people can be annoyed at Gamespot for posting a review they don't like.
I mean seriously it's Gamespots OPINION, not yours, not mine and not anyone elses. It sounds like the guy really liked the game but there were a few things that got in the way for him which retarded the overall feel a little, he pointed them out, and gave the game a 9.2.

Personally I'm not reading any reviews until i've played the game and have a clean view of it, untainted by what other people think.
The important thing is to value what you think, and not what someone else thinks you should think, THAT is what stuck out about the critism so far.

I'm guessing you're 14, and would have absolutely hated HL if they have put the sexually arroused male alien in the original HL.

After reading the review for both Halo 2, and Half-Life 2, I've reached a conclusion:

Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 was short as hell.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2's story is not complete.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 didn't have perfect AI.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 is not innovative.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 was longer than Half-Life 2.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2's graphics were < Half-Life 2.
Gamespot doesn't care that Half-Life 2 had the manipulator.
----------------------------------------------
Gamespot does care that Half-Life 2 didn't have perfect AI.
Gamespot does care that Half-Life 2 is not innovative.
Gamespot does care that Half-Life 2's story is not complete.
Gamespot does care that Halo 2 had duel weilding weapons.

Anyone mind point out any of these that are incorrect?

Gavon said:
I never trusted gamespots reviews, they blow...but 9.2 isn't a bad review at all.

That's absolutely right. When it comes right down to it, you have to remember that they probably dinged the game a bit because Valve didn't release a HL2-themed MP mode at launch. They essentially draw their scores from five categories, and although they gave the graphics a ten, which surprised me (even though I would have), they just didn't think the other four were the best out there.

Fine by me, even though I was hoping for a much higher score. This doesn't affect my hype level and all and I'm dying to play now. Keep in mind that most of your favorite games probably got a lower score than 9.2. An hour and a half remaining... :D

-UnmarkedOne

Top Secret said:
After reading the review for both Halo 2, and Half-Life 2, I've reached a conclusion:

Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 was short as hell.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2's story is not complete.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 didn't have perfect AI.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 is not innovative.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2 was longer than Half-Life 2.
Gamespot doesn't care that Halo 2's graphics were < Half-Life 2.
Gamespot doesn't care that Half-Life 2 had the manipulator.
----------------------------------------------
Gamespot does care that Half-Life 2 didn't have perfect AI.
Gamespot does care that Half-Life 2 is not innovative.
Gamespot does care that Half-Life 2's story is not complete.
Gamespot does care that Halo 2 had duel weilding weapons.

Anyone mind point out any of these that are incorrect?
So true. I will not be renewing my membership with Gamespot. They are very biased and I have completely lost my faith in them to produce unbiased reviews. Halo 2 was not 9.4 worthy.

Back