Real last minute holidays?

one

Reaction score
Today here in Bavaria summer holidays started and I'm thinking about where to travel and how.

So what I came up with was to travel real last minute. That means going to the airport with luggage and then choosing a cheap flight (perhaps with hotel) and flying! :)

What do you think about this? Is it possible to save a lot of money this way or won't it be much cheaper?
Have any experiences with last minute?

That's a really fun idea--there's nothing like spur-of-the-moment for excitement!

You can probably save on flights this way, but you might be out of luck with hotels and such this way.

Too bad we American workers (and even some students now!) don't get Summer holidays...;(

PS - Don't forget to leave some indication of where you've gone so people know where to find you in case anything happens!

I thought you meant holidays as in holidays, not as in vacation. I was confused.

Good idea if you really don't care where you go - if you travel in high season though hotels could be some trouble...Ah sure there's always roughing it (that or picking up a chick every night and staying at hers...)

Enjoy :thumbs:

Thank you for your answers!

That's a really fun idea--there's nothing like spur-of-the-moment for excitement!

You can probably save on flights this way, but you might be out of luck with hotels and such this way.

Too bad we American workers (and even some students now!) don't get Summer holidays...;(

PS - Don't forget to leave some indication of where you've gone so people know where to find you in case anything happens!
Yes, I'd do that by mobile phone, of course.

I thought you meant holidays as in holidays, not as in vacation. I was confused.
I'm sorry, but as I am European I learn British English, and as far as I know they call your American vacation usually holidays.
But what I meant is vacation, of course. ;)

Pardon? :cheese:
(What does it stand for? AcronymFinder knows several possibilities ;) )

EDIT: I got it, it's probably "Quote For Emphasis"! ;)

Good idea if you really don't care where you go - if you travel in high season though hotels could be some trouble...Ah sure there's always roughing it (that or picking up a chick every night and staying at hers...)

Enjoy :thumbs:
I'd have to try to find a cheap hotel, too, because I'm still at school and hence don't have a lot of money. ;)

I'd have to try to find a cheap hotel, too, because I'm still at school and hence don't have a lot of money. ;)
The hostels across Europe are cheap and MUCH better than what we have to offer here in the States so you should take full advantage of those. Rick Steves can point you in the right direction...dorky as he is. :p

Back