Reason that HL2 will go gold this week

R

ravennox12

Valve currently planned for the RC to be submitted to Vivendi at the end of the August.... now I firmly believe that they delayed this for the sole reason to have the first RC be the one and the only. It would only make sense that they took so long to send a RC because they wanted every bug stomped / cleaned out so they can ship this game out finally.
You will see HL2 this week or possibly today.

Reason that HL2 will go gold this week: I want it to.

Seriously, I would be surprised if the first RC was not accepted. It should go gold this week; whether or not they announce it is another thing. And this really didn't need another thread.

Hopefully...and stop complaining about threads.....just give your 2 cents and be done with it

it will be realeased ... NEVER !!! bwahahha someone haxxored them again and stole their codes again! sorry its been delayed another 12 months

IMO it'll go gold fast because VU:G desperately needs money.

I think that as a result of so much delay/bug elimination that the first RC will be accepted... I desperately hope so at least...

Let's start the speculations:

Let's say as valve sent the RC day 15, vivendi started to test sept 16, assuming they wasted time getting ready more than 20 machines, installing the game in all of these, and installing any custom saving modes or cheats to help testers to test the entire game.

We know the game is being tested 72 hours, at least it is the way to do the things at vivendi as piotrr tell us in vivendi forums. If you want add 24 hours to the test due to especial treatment to valve. Then 16sept+96 hours=today.

If the game is accepted, the gold announcement could be done today or tomorrow, because they are getting ready all the shipping info for us into the gold announcement. If the RC1 is rejected (more likely), then who knows, perhaps vivendi sent the bugs report to valve on 16-20 september. We dont know how much difficult to fix is the bug or the bugs, how much time will spend valve fixing and doing a internal testing to RC2 before sending to vivendi. RC2 could become RC3. The game could be gold state even in october, and I doubt valve will inform us about the state of the RC.

Yes, we know all the time valve spent squashing bugs in their internal testings, but a bug is a bug, something weird and random at times, coding a PC game is a very complex job, you have to make a working game in lots of diferent hardware combos.

It's probably 72hrs of test time, you think they work 24hrs a day?

Which would make it an approximately 2 week testing period - which makes complete sense to me.

Ady said:

Oh I do think they're working 26 hours a day. I think the testers are not even having lunch breakes. They're playing Half-Life 2 god damnit!

They are playing more than there are hours in a day? 24 hours equals one day.

I don't think Vivendi will reject the first RC based on bugs because VALVe has spent the better part of this year bug fixing and play testing.

Yes, they work 24/7. This is from piotrr at vivendi forums:

piotrr said:
Everyone works 24/7 when nearing a release.. well, not specifically everyone, because you do need to sleep, but there is always someone working. Lucky developers, and testers, get paid more over weekends, but not most. They still work though, because "that's the way it's done"

I think it won't go gold this week because VUG has a summary judgment pending against Valve trying to prevent them from distributing the game via Steam. The judgment will occur on Oct. 8th. I don't think we'll hear much about the game until then.

Be very scared if Valve release another Bink. :-/

Democritus said:
I think it won't go gold this week because VUG has a summary judgment pending against Valve trying to prevent them from distributing the game via Steam. The judgment will occur on Oct. 8th. I don't think we'll hear much about the game until then.

shouldn't be a problem.
Valve doesn't have to wait for the gold date, if they REALY want to. They could directly set it on steam.
I guess the game can go gold any day now, distribution is a second problem...

Democritus said:

Yea, I mean they wouldnt need to release one unless the game isnt going to be out for a while.
Im keeping my eyes peeled....
If anyone hears any news about a new bink, just pretend you didnt hear it :thumbs:

Xrenity said:
shouldn't be a problem.
Valve doesn't have to wait for the gold date, if they REALY want to. They could directly set it on steam.
I guess the game can go gold any day now, distribution is a second problem...

No they can't just say "screw Vivendi" and release it anyway unless they REALLY want a ginormous lawsuit, jail time for breach of contract, and to pay loads of compensatory damages.

If Valve could have blown Vivendi off, they would have done it years ago. But a signature on a contract still means something, unfortunately.

Democritus said:
No they can't just say "screw Vivendi" and release it anyway unless they REALLY want a ginormous lawsuit, jail time for breach of contract, and to pay loads of compensatory damages.

If Valve could have blown Vivendi off, they would have done it years ago. But a signature on a contract still means something, unfortunately.
I said IF they wanted to :p

However, I'm still hoping for a gold-announcement tonight.
So just before school I can read it and can't wait to get home again...

Don't set yourself up for disappointment and just tell yourself it's not going to happen.

kaellinn18 said:
Reason that HL2 will go gold this week: I want it to.

I think you've just correctly summed up everyone's argument.

Xrenity said:
I said IF they wanted to :p

However, I'm still hoping for a gold-announcement tonight.
So just before school I can read it and can't wait to get home again...

yeah, same here. :)

btw: i just made a pretty long post for the "hl2 beta" - thread and now.. deleted. :( argh.. where can i put my input, so i didn't make this for the "bin".

Guys, the 26 hours a day -thing was a joke...

I'd rather have the gold announcement after I come from school, othervise the 7 hours in school would be PAIN!

Seppo said:
Guys, the 26 hours a day -thing was a joke...

I'd rather have the gold announcement after I come from school, othervise the 7 hours in school would be PAIN!
No shit, sherlock...

And well, if the game gets gold, what will you do? Just wait again...

Xrenity said:
No shit, sherlock...

And well, if the game gets gold, what will you do? Just wait again...

What are you no shitting there. Some guys obviously didn't get the joke and I just wanted to make sure such a good joke doesn't get misunderstood

Seppo said:
What are you no shitting there. Some guys obviously didn't get the joke and I just wanted to make sure such a good joke doesn't get misunderstood
If some guy did realy believe you, it must be a real idiot :p sorry

It's official. Half Life 2 hasn't gone gold yet.

Oh noes!...
Vivendi sent it back?!?!?!
they sent it back beacuse : *read my sig*..

I really dont care.. i like November... it just feels right..
( and i have more sparetime )...

Tyguy said:
Hopefully...and stop complaining about threads.....just give your 2 cents and be done with it

Ya i agree to many people complain about "new threads" i mean whats the big deal he want to say something he made a new thread. Just reply or dont, simple as that. Anyway i feel that this RC will be the 1 and only. I also reserved a copy of the Collectors Edition today at GameStop and its listed as $80. They didnt have the "The makeing of Half-Life 2" book tho. Need to look for some places i can reserve that.

She said:
Oh noes!...
Vivendi sent it back?!?!?!
they sent it back beacuse : *read my sig*..

I really dont care.. i like November... it just feels right..
( and i have more sparetime )...
He could have said that one year ago...
It's now official. Splinter Cell 3 is gold...

I'm not telling you a lie, but it's crap.

would you not be playing 24 hours a day if you got HL2? I would...and i would skip the lunch...hmm..HL2 may be a good investment of loosing weight...maybe they should sell that on tv-shop instead....."The new multiflex Ab-HL2"

Ady said:

I would gladly test HL2 24/7 untill I pass out

Reason: VUG and VALVe will soon have to fear for their lives if they wont release it soon... :sniper:

Ady said:
I believe they do. They play in shifts if I understand things correctly.

The biggest danger right now is that Vivendi will drag their feet on account of the current lawsuit between them and Valve. What better way to hurt the developer than to needlessly stall their product?

Back