Reasons to Not Get BF2

blahblahblah said:
After ending my addiction to World of Warcraft, I set out to my local video game store and saw two games that caught my attention: Battlefield 2 and GTA:SA (for PC).

Then I remembered something - Battlefield: Vietnam. Because of that one game, I passed on Battlefield 2.

I'm now happily installing GTA:SA.
Did you like BF1942 or the DC mod? If you did then those two would be the correct comparison. BF:V isn't a good reference for obvious reasons.

Imagine DC with much better First Person gameplay and with sqauds. Then think of Comander like in Natural Selection. It works togther really well.

mindless_moder said:
thats true ...
as for the download thing it does vary between countries but the specific thing that you are refering to applies to roms.. you can download roms and play them as long as you : -
1) own the game
2) delete it within 24/hrs
That's not true either.

I've got a good reason for those of you on the fence not to buy BF2...

Don't get it because then there'll be one less person trying to get onto ranked servers :p

Other than that...there's no reason NOT to buy this game.

mindless_moder said:
thats true ...
as for the download thing it does vary between countries but the specific thing that you are refering to applies to roms.. you can download roms and play them as long as you : -
1) own the game
2) delete it within 24/hrs

ROMS are different than PC games, they don't have the same rules. The law about "downloading game then deleteing in a 24hrs period" only work in countries that have it, since its published in the US, you cannot download it for 24hrs at all, it will still be considered stolen, and warezed.

Kangy said:
Oh, that too. I hate it when people speed off into the distance with empty gunner seats. Passenger seats, fine, but gunner seats being empty is just silly. I always shoot at them if they do, to try and get their attention.

There needs to be a "wait up" radio message. Or a "wait up, asshole" radio message.... yes...

There's "Hey, I need a ride" but since they ignored you the first time, they usually ignore you the second. I am guilty of sometimes using the riverboat spawn as a spec ops player alone and taking it into the carrier, reaking havoc, but that's somewhat different.

Also frustrating: being the commander of half empty squads on a full 64 player server.

"Guys? I need to issue orders and know when/where to give artillery. Centralise plzkthx"
"wat"

And then they just ignore me ;_;

bliink said:
There needs to be a "wait up" radio message. Or a "wait up, asshole" radio message.... yes...

The game should detect if the player is flying without a passanger or gunner when there are people nearby who want in. Then it should put TK on for that person. BANG goes the fuel tank "I said wait up!"

I wish... :p

Then again a heli without a gunner is really, really weak from ground attacks, when you got a good gunner along with a good pilot you can take out those annoying anti-tanks, tanks and mounted missles.

edit: Kangy, whenever I played with Hl2.net squad, on usa team, we normally spawn at the carrier and grab a boat... NOONE but use ever bother with boats, maybe a stray one or two. But most of the time the other squads go with "Ok, we wait here half an hour till somthing spawns.. then we rape it, no messing around, friendly fire is on and if one of you ****s dont let me drive, there will be blood"

A good gunner needs a good pilot though. No good facing the sky for 4 minutes, or it being too jerky to get a solid aim.

Asus said:
Did you like BF1942 or the DC mod? If you did then those two would be the correct comparison. BF:V isn't a good reference for obvious reasons.

Imagine DC with much better First Person gameplay and with sqauds. Then think of Comander like in Natural Selection. It works togther really well.

Doesn't matter, I'm tired of EA milking a game property for all its work (BF:V) and then coming out with a true sequel (BF2) and expecting me to buy it with my arms open.

EA can quite frankly take their game and shove it up their...

PS - I'm also quite disappointed with GTA:SA. The game is great, but suffers from sloppy console port-itis. I had a feeling I should've listened to my conscience and bought Sacred, but I felt I was too fantasy rpg'ed out.

lol, i love those people who stand around and wait to get into a helicopter. I was in the oil tower for like 15min before someone finally found me out. Plus there's a prime line of sight at one of the spawn points, so just set your crosshairs and wait. I acctually ran out of ammo, and as i was tryin go run away with my pistol, i got shot.

I don't see people waiting around on vehicles much... then again Im not waiting around to see if they do either.
in BF2 there is no need for vehicles, infantry combat is actually awesome.. and a skilled AT is more than a match for any vehicle (Im looking at you Raziaar :)

as for transport, helo's taken? we head to whatever else is nearest... nothing there? well we are soldiers, time to leg it.

Redundant, true... but its so much better going to place-to-place in an apc. Makes everything quicker, if your running from flag to flag while the other team is getting transport, it means by the time your there, there allready set in with ammo/health packs, taken the tanks etc and are ready to defend.

Mr. Redundant said:
I don't see people waiting around on vehicles much... then again Im not waiting around to see if they do either.
in BF2 there is no need for vehicles, infantry combat is actually awesome.. and a skilled AT is more than a match for any vehicle (Im looking at you Raziaar :)

as for transport, helo's taken? we head to whatever else is nearest... nothing there? well we are soldiers, time to leg it.

Damn straight. If there's no vehicles on the carrier, we swim!

Mr. Redundant said:

Yeah I actually like how BF2 plays, unlike bf1942 where you have to go like 2 miles before you get to a flag, via walking, things are rather close and if you are walking you can get to things pretty quickly. My all time favorite is blowing up bridges tho. ;)

Best reason not to buy:

Dice/EA buy's Trauma, copies it's idea, then destroys the comany Trauma with full knowledge that most of the people they've offered jobs to can't just pick up and move to another country. Typical corporate way of doing things.

It just makes it worse :<

I think that after people pay $50 for a game, they'll play the game like it was meant. Free games always attract horrible crowds.

DiSTuRbEd said:
ROMS are different than PC games, they don't have the same rules. The law about "downloading game then deleteing in a 24hrs period" only work in countries that have it, since its published in the US, you cannot download it for 24hrs at all, it will still be considered stolen, and warezed.
Yes you can if you live in a country that has different rules that the US, us lawas only apply to us citizens, if EA poublishes the damn game in Holland then Dutch rules apply, and even if it deosn't then still Dutch rules apply.Now if the guy lives in the US that that is true, get that trough your heads.

Grey Fox said:
Yes you can if you live in a country that has different rules that the US, us lawas only apply to us citizens, if EA poublishes the damn game in Holland then Dutch rules apply, and even if it deosn't then still Dutch rules apply.Now if the guy lives in the US that that is true, get that trough your heads.
So you really think that EA's going to crack down on those that pirate their game in the US, but in other countries go 'Well, you can have it for 24 hours on us!".

Thye can't crack down on you if the country doesn't have laws that forbit it, os if holland has laws that against, how the **** can they crack down on someone who's country does not have anti piracy laws, now holland has them, but they are not as strickt. How ****ing hard is that to undersdtand.

Grey Fox said:
Thye can't crack down on you if the country doesn't have laws that forbit it, os if holland has laws that against, how the **** can they crack down on someone who's country does not have anti piracy laws, now holland has them, but they are not as strickt. How ****ing hard is that to undersdtand.
We're all confused because all of us are jealous at the people who live in countries with the 24 hour rule.

Grey Fox said:

Oh and you are mr law himself eh? Yes they can crack down on the person in the country that warezes it, why do you think razor1911 or whatever, that whole group was taken down, they were not all in the US either.

I am so pissed right now. I attempted to play my first game with some people from HL2.net, I was doing ok considering I was getting 15-20 FPS and a lot of lag. Well anyway, I got in a tank and was heading towards where my squad leader said to attack, some idiot comes at full speed down a hill in an APC, rams right into me and kills himself all three people he was carrying, and the passenger that was in my tank. Suddenly I'm at -25, and soon after get kicked from the server. Stupid ****ers should die! :angry:

DiSTuRbEd said:
Oh and you are mr law himself eh? Yes they can crack down on the person in the country that warezes it, why do you think razor1911 or whatever, that whole group was taken down, they were not all in the US either.
Cause that members who got arrested were doing shit that was also illegal in their countrey, are ****ing stupid, think a little before you post. How hard is it to understand that you can't be arrested for something that is not illegal in your own country

Besides the network lag, I can't think of one reason to not get this game.

Grey Fox said:
Cause that members who got arrested were doing shit that was also illegal in their countrey, are ****ing stupid, think a little before you post. How hard is it to understand that you can't be arrested for something that is not illegal in your own country

Whatever you think oh wise one......[/sarcasm] I'll go back talking to my shoe, its actually makes sense.

What wrong with you, how hard is it to understand. that if soemone who lives in a country where warzing is legal (wich again is not holland), can warez a game and EA can't do shit about it. Razor was arrested cause they were warzing in a country that also has laws against that, so they could be charged.

You know what, I think you're just doing this on purpose, yeah, you're proabbly sitting back and laughing your ass off. well **** you.

Grey Fox said:
You know what, I think you're just doing this on purpose, yeah, you're proabbly sitting back and laughing your ass off. well **** you.

I noticed this straight away.....

no offence meant.

Grey Fox said:
What wrong with you, how hard is it to understand. that if soemone who lives in a country where warzing is legal (wich again is not holland), can warez a game and EA can't do shit about it. Razor was arrested cause they were warzing in a country that also has laws against that, so they could be charged.

News flash, Razor had members ALL OVER THE WORLD, you really think all members would be in one country?

Grey Fox, it's a little something called International Law. Countries agree to follow mutual laws, so if you break EA's law in a country that agrees with that specific international law, it's illegal there too. And EA has a long stretch of international agreements.

Pesmerga said:
Grey Fox, it's a little something called International Law. Countries agree to follow mutual laws, so if you break EA's law in a country that agrees with that specific international law, it's illegal there too. And EA has a long stretch of international agreements.

Hehehe silly peoples talking about Law who clearly haven't been to uni and studied it. I haven't got a clue about how correct anyone is but saying stuff like 'if you break EA's law' really isn't adding much to the conversation, is it now?

One thing i do know is that in certain countries foreign copyrights are often ignored, take China as an example, all the fake designer stuff that comes out of there is illegal but is also slyly sanctioned by the government. So it could be a similar arrangement in Holland but in the computer game market. Who the hell knows? Clearly no one here. Stop crying and snotting about it.

Pesmerga said:
So why the **** are you disagreeing with me, you said yourself you have to be in a country that agree's with that specific inernational law.
Second, as far as I know there are only international laws regarding human rights, there are now international piracy laws, and even if what you said is true, still that country has to agree to it, so it's up to the country, the members of razor were arrested cause they porated in a country that had anti piracy laws, sp EA could go after them. why the **** are you acting so ****ing stupid, you cannot sue me in holland for shit that is forbidden in the US, but is legal in holland. For example smoking pot is illegal in the US, but I can smoke as much as I want here, and you can't do shit.

Grey Fox said:
So why the **** are you disagreeing with me, you said yourself you have to be in a country that agree's with that specific inernational law.
Second, as far as I know there are only international laws regarding human rights, there are now international piracy laws, and even if what you said is true, still that country has to agree to it, so it's up to the country, the members of razor were arrested cause they porated in a country that had anti piracy laws, sp EA could go after them. why the **** is are you acting so ****ling stupid, you cannot sue me in holland for shit that is forbidden in the US, but is legal in holland. For example smoking pot is illegal in the US, but I can smoke as much as I want here, and you can't do shit.

****, **** ****, **** you!

Urrg x_x!

EA are really pushing me here. I really want to buy this game, dammit, but it's just not right! I'll root through the used section for it, I guess :(

ray_MAN said:
I think you guys blow this whole EA thing out of proportion. They are not Nazis. They are a ****ing game company. Them being powerful and ignorant doesn't give you the right to say, "It's EA, I shall warez!"

no, it means "It's EA, I shall DESTROY!!!"

Back