Reasons why HL was so good...and if HL2 has them.

I killed them all with the shotgun :)

Although trip mines work very well, and to a lesser extent, det packs.

As for the gibs - I completely agree. When you shoot someone with a rocket that explodes, oreven a shotgun, or something like that, IRL that person won't be 100% intact - parts would go flying off and be bloody and gruesome. Yet if you look at the 2004 E3 vid with the rocket that hits the soldier standing on crane platform, he goes cartwheeling through the air fully intact. He should have split into several pieces that flew through the air trailing blood.

The gibs thing was one big problem I noticed in Farcry, and it looks like HL2 is going to be the same, pity.

Lanthanide said:
He should have split into several pieces that flew through the air trailing blood.

That would be the so awesome, and blood and guts everywhere!

Lanthanide said:
I killed them all with the shotgun :)

Although trip mines work very well, and to a lesser extent, det packs.

As for the gibs - I completely agree. When you shoot someone with a rocket that explodes, oreven a shotgun, or something like that, IRL that person won't be 100% intact - parts would go flying off and be bloody and gruesome. Yet if you look at the 2004 E3 vid with the rocket that hits the soldier standing on crane platform, he goes cartwheeling through the air fully intact. He should have split into several pieces that flew through the air trailing blood.

The gibs thing was one big problem I noticed in Farcry, and it looks like HL2 is going to be the same, pity.

Actually it you look closely, the rocket hits next to him which is why he goes cartwheeling so far...

^^^^^im sure that even had it hit him he would have just been blown back not into pieces.

Sanius said:
Somebody wants to be banned.

What? Why?

What hes saying is right. And he wasnt bashing anyone. Your an idiot.

I will be very pissed off if there isnt legs coming off and arms on the ground.

urseus said:
I will be very pissed off if there isnt legs coming off and arms on the ground.

I probably would be too...unless they really pull off some original gameplay! :D

I hope they have guts... if they don't. Piss on valve.

Sensitivity / mouse movement properties of HL is what made is pretty great IMO. None of that retarded sensitivity crap, just pure aiming reflex goodness :E

Back