Recommended Requirements posted...

Sweet. :)

They made it seem like it didn't since they only said the FX and 9800 :\

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
as far as I know the loading isn't casused by your vid-card but your ram/CPU....I've got a 1,5GHz and the load times aren't that bad...but I need to raise those damn fps!
Going a bit off topic again (surprise surprise), but yeah...I know. I've got a P3 733 MHz, though. and 128MB ram. I'm gonna go in a corner and cry now.

-Vert

What is this people keep talking aboutthe Radeon 9900? Has it ever been officially announced? Because I see no evidence of it at all.

Originally posted by Apos
What is this people keep talking aboutthe Radeon 9900? Has it ever been officially announced? Because I see no evidence of it at all.
The R360 core has been announce, but the name, 9900 hasn't. The R360 will inevitably be called, 9900.

OMG I WONT GET TO SEE SOME SMALL GRAPHICAL FEATURE *dishes out $400 for a new graphics card*

you're kiddin m8 ...... the min spec for HL2 is a dx6 compatible card but it won't look anything like the screenshots that's for sure. Anyone who hasn't got a decent gfx card will only see part of the finished game - I have a Geforce fx 5800 and can't wait !

I didnt even know they were out yet.

Again, im confident my 3mhz will fill the gap my g4-4600 leaves.

Well, apart from people showing off, I'm just happy I can run it! YAY! Excuse, to get drunk! :cheers:

Is it fairly safe to say that my system setup in my sig will be able to run HL2 constatly above 30 with max setings and high res?

Don't be fooled .. the HL1 minimum requirements were Pentium 133, 24 MB Ram and no 3D card! :cheers: :bounce:

Whats even more funny is that I played it on a Pentium 166 with 32 MB ram and software render and though it looked great at 640x480! That is, until I visited my friends house, who happened to have a Voodoo 2 (!) :eek:

I think everyone gets the moral of this story - if you don't have a descent 3d card then you're gona miss out - but you wont know it until its too late...

4ll h4i1 my 1337 g4m1ng m4ch1n3! 1t5 t3h pwns!!1! WTF !!! OMG!!! LOL!!1one!

1 cud pwn 411!!1!!
bike.jpg

Translation

All hail my leet gaming machine it owns

I could own all. I think the phase is over but people went through one where they would show off their computer specs.
The pic shows what it all comes down to in the end.

dumb

ati 9700 is going to be all you need for hl2 for max features and good frames. I really doubt 9800 features will be used.

more dollars then difference$$$$$$

now doom 3 .... no maxing and high frames till pci express cards out mid next year.

The R360 core has been announce,

When? Where? And when is it supposed to ship?

no maxing and high frames till pci express cards out mid next year.

What is a "pci express" card? They giving up on AGP?

why do so many threads degenerate into "look this is my PC i hope it will run it!!!" threads?

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
no

Thanks for the unintelligence.

Originally posted by Apos
What is a "pci express" card? They giving up on AGP?

PCI Express is a new bus that will eventually replace PCI as well as AGP. It has a much higher bandwidth than even AGP 8x. Intel will be introducing it with their Grantsdale chipset.

Back