Red Orchestra Steam Release Date

The team will move to the new UT3 engine if they sell enough copies to make such an investment. Buying it for SP only would not be my choice, but you can see for yourself in the demo.

Arrowhead said:
true, but by that logic Half-life should have been known simply as a quake 1 mod.

Hence why I said "UT2004" in my news post. :thumbs:

I really wish for a demo so I can test this before buying... :naughty:

I'm not too sure my computer would hold against its prowess... :(

Snowden said:
I really wish for a demo so I can test this before buying... :naughty:
There is going to be one, just not before release. The Devs said that they wanted to focus on getting the game finished first, then they'll finish up the demo

10% off? so what's that? $22.45 in total? I think maybe $2 or $3 in total would be most suitable.

well im certaily buying it, it looks 100 times better than dod:s

sorry for bump but i have 1 question before i buy this game, have the yellow and green tracer fire ( as seen in the trailer ) been removed?

before i buy it i would like to know. i hope someone can tell me.

who said:
sorry for bump but i have 1 question before i buy this game, have the yellow and green tracer fire ( as seen in the trailer ) been removed?

They were that colour because of the frame rate of the video, I believe. In the actual release they will look like real tracers from WW2.

who said:

Actually, the Russians did indeed use light green tracers in WW2, the frame rate had nothing to do with the color. One thing the frame rate did do though is make the tracers look very long, sort of like lasers. The color will stay the same.

Also, when buying the game, keep realism in mind. This IS NOT a DOD:S on the Eastern front.

By the way, hello everyone.

Yep, that's what I meant. The videos made it look like Return of the Jedi.

The tracers are actually ball shaped and bounce off the surface of things. In game they dont look like lasers or anything sci fi infact they look really really good. You have to see them in action to belive.

Anyway here are some screens i took from the beta.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

This game is going to be awesome. Reminds me of O:FP. :D

BTW Dcode, you maybe should have linked those pics. They look great though.

Sorry for overloading the thread on that one. In future ill bare this in mind :)

I have this pre-loaded since Friday... I can't wait for tonight :)

Im having some concerns about buying the game.

I think it looks great and yadda yadda yadda.

Im just worried if its too niche....

I like realism, who doesnt? but it seems like the game could rate realism over gameplay.

So my plans are to leave it for a week or two and see peoples impressions...

Afterall, im working nightshift tonight and by the time i get home BF2 euro forces will be available.... yum yum.

It's hardly expensive. Sounds like excellent value for money. I'll write a mini review tomorrow though.

Back