Release date anouncement must be made this tuesday

Ki||tacular

Reaction score
According to Spitcoddfrys information Valve must announce the HL2 pre download at least one week before the release date. that means that this tuesday is going to be a big day!!!! :cheers:

Originally posted by Ki||tacular
According to Spitcoddfrys information Valve must announce the HL2 pre download at least one week before the release date. that means that this tuesday is going to be a big day!!!! :cheers:

True, but nothing HAS to be made if they don't want it too...

Ive noticed Valve always gives out informations on Mondays , Tuesdays and thursdays for some reason.

umm we dont actually know this for sure but time will tell when tuesday comes and goes....

it'll be a big day for people with nothing else to do but sit and wait for hl2 to come out

If they dont announce it tuesday I'm putting off upgrading till it gets called gold. Because there aint no way in hell or highwater that they would call it gold the day before it hits stores/steam

Face it, ten minutes after it comes out you'll all be back here bitching about something or other.... :D

kinda like the 2 week rule meant it was going to go gold prior to the 20th, but that was bogus.

This is more likely to be true, but deadlines have been fudged before :\

if we don't get info by monday or tuesday by the latest, it's time to really start worrying.

Originally posted by Homer
If they dont announce it tuesday I'm putting off upgrading till it gets called gold. Because there aint no way in hell or highwater that they would call it gold the day before it hits stores/steam

Why put off Upgrading? get the upgrades before its realeased and not be caught in a knot... :|

wait for ATI's new card to come out and buy the Half-Life 2 bundle.

i agree apos if we dont hear anything monday or tuesday then we should start worrying, hopefully they will announce something tomorrow because that seems logical to make a statement on a monday

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
Why put off Upgrading? get the upgrades before its realeased and not be caught in a knot... :|

price drops my friend

You know, theoretically, it could POSSIBLY be that the game has already been sent to the publisher, pressed, and boxed, and is awaiting the go ahead from Valve.

Originally posted by Orange
kinda like the 2 week rule meant it was going to go gold prior to the 20th, but that was bogus.

This is more likely to be true, but deadlines have been fudged before :\

I dont think the 2 week rule is bogus. and I definatly dont think it will be in stores the 30th, but thanks to broadband I could still get it if its a steam relese.

In my opinion, I HIGHLY doubt that is the case, its possible, but that just doesnt seem like that is what the deal is

Originally posted by Homer
I dont think the 2 week rule is bogus. and I definatly dont think it will be in stores the 30th, but thanks to broadband I could still get it if its a steam relese.

grr damnit how many times has it got to be said. IT WILL BE RELEASED BOTH ON STEAM AND ON STORE SHELVES THE SAME EXACT DAY. Nobody from either sides involving STEAM or the STORE SHELVES will get it earlier than one another.

If you think about it, they've prolly got all the boxes, manuals, and cd cases all printed/manufactured. So all that they have left is to print the CDs. I don't know how many of them they have to print, but its prolly in the millions? A plant can manufacture thousands in a day, but if they were to run them day and night, and have a couple plants manufacturing, 2 or 3 days could give them enough time to print the needed cds. Add 1 day for shipping, so that's a total of 3 to 4 days needed for the manufacture and shipping of the game. Basically, if i'm anywhere near correct with my estimates, Valve could possibly wait til the 25th to make a gold announcement.

We dont kno this for sure Goom, we will just have to wait until the 30th or until valve finally releases an OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE TO THE PUBLIC!

Originally posted by Goombatommy
grr damnit how many times has it got to be said. IT WILL BE RELEASED BOTH ON STEAM AND ON STORE SHELVES THE SAME EXACT DAY. Nobody from either sides involving STEAM or the STORE SHELVES will get it earlier than one another.

then it WILL NOT BE OUT THE 30th.

If you cant tell Valve is being very quiet and sneaky about this game considering, its the most anticipated game this year

I'm sorry, lemme rephrase myself. What I meant, was that whenever the release date is, it will be released on Steam and start appearing on store shelves - whenever the release date will be. There could however be a few days delay of it appearing on store shelves depending on where you live. In my assupmtion, I think the US will get it all on store shelves on release date - give a day or so. The rest of the world, my assumption again, 2 - 3 days. It all depends on where your store is located.

Originally posted by Apos
if we don't get info by monday or tuesday by the latest, it's time to really start worrying.

agreed :cheers:

It also depends on where the manfacturing of the CDs are taking place, if multiple places are doing them they should have one on each coast of the country....

The closer the date gets the more we should worry, with any other developer. Since valve is trying new things with this game, I wouldn't worry too much, gold announcement or not.

I sure hope where i live gets it on the 30th, we have plenty of retailers where i live, so i dont have the "theres only one retailer in town deal."

Originally posted by Goombatommy
You know, theoretically, it could POSSIBLY be that the game has already been sent to the publisher, pressed, and boxed, and is awaiting the go ahead from Valve.

oh how lovely is the bliss from ignorance :) im serious, right now im in my fantasy happy land waiting for my hl2 copy to just teleport into my hands lol

Originally posted by blackparagon
Face it, ten minutes after it comes out you'll all be back here bitching about something or other.... :D
Probably about how my computer is a piece of crap and can't run it well. :x

hopefully they are CD pressing facilities on the west coast, so we can get them early :)

america isn't the only place with cd printing capability.

i bet they'll transmit the data to other countries and have the cds pressed there. i bet they can do it quickly.

also, although hl sold 8 million copies worldwide, you have to remember that that was over 5 years. i dont know how many it sold the first week in america, but i'm sure it wasn't a million.

hl is way less popular than say...n'sync...and i remember hearing they sold a million copies of one of their records in a week and that was some kind of record.

i bet they won't press half that many for the release...even if every member of every forum like this one went and bought hl2 the day it came out, that'd be MAX 100,000 people (though i doubt it's that many)...and even if every one of those people had 3 friends who were gonna buy it the first day, that'd be only 400,000 copies.

if they can press only say...10-20,000 copies a day, they could easily handle countrywide demand by shipping that many copies a day to stores after the initial rush as long as they had enough there on the first day or two

i think all my numbers are high...even though hl2 is probably the most anticipated computer game ever...it's still a computer game...and computer games aren't all that popular compared to other forms of entertainment

P.S. i know computer gaming is a billion dollar industry, but still 500,000 copies of anything sold on the first day is a LOT...that's a lot for even 1 week.

Anyone know a store in australia that would most likely have hl2 on the release date?

couldnt tell ya, i visited austrailia for 2 weeks, but wouldnt kno

I'll worry on Friday...unless they annouce GOLD before then ;)

heh i called my eb guy here in australia.

I thought that this close to release they would have gotten thier act together but the retard said it's been pushed back till next year because and I quote "cause thier having problems with it" what a load of crap if gabe says 30th then it's gonna be the 30th I even told him that but he wouldn't listen shows how retarded game store people are

LMAO my EB excuse can best anything you throw at me.

1) why isnt half life 2 coming out on Sept 30?
-because, well you see, uhh, let me get my manager (lol)
2) why is your HL2 release date not updated? you know its still on for the 30th!?
-well, no its been pushed back to Feb 2004, because doom 3 was pushed back, and therefore they dont need to release it.
(lol)(if anything, they want to release it now, cause then they got no competition)

those ppl at EB games are such dumb****s i prolly kno more than them LOL

Back