Release date change?

soxx

Hunter
Reaction score
Got this from VUG:

To: ************
Subject: Pre-Release Date Change for Half-Life 2 with CounterStrike!
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:15:34

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Half-Life 2 with CounterStrike!
http://store.vugames.com/product.asp?product_id=645118&affid=9155

Old Release Date - 11/15/2004
New Release Date - 11/16/2004

Thank you for visiting VUGames Store!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product
will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime.
Are they just correcting their own mistake, or is something else keeping them from releasing on time? Don't internet retailers usually ship games a day early so they arrive on time?

*GasP*!! from the 15th to the 16th!! OUTRAGE!!

SixThree said:
*GasP*!! from the 15th to the 16th!! OUTRAGE!!

My thoughts exactly! :rolling:

Actually, I was just interested in how pre-ordered games are handled through internet retailers. Do they ship on the release day? Or do you get the game on the release day because they ship early (if you do overnight shipping?)

Oh, and you can buy Half-Life through the VU games store with free overnight shipping, just enter 'HALFLIFE2' as the coupon code. Good deal for us 56kers in the wilderness.

I nearly had a fit then i jumped ahead and fort the worst hehe

A couple of days ago ppl were postin on here saying retailers had e-mailed them saying it wos being released on the 15th, now theyved changed it , they r undoing there mistake

They're doing everything to prevent the same thing that happened to Doom 3. Some retailers started selling the game a few days too early, and suddenly there were 30, 000 people downloading the game via BitTorrent, ILLEGALLY!

KurtCobain said:
A couple of days ago ppl were postin on here saying retailers had e-mailed them saying it wos being released on the 15th, now theyved changed it , they r undoing there mistake

I looked but I couldn't find them before I posted.

I just don't know what the difference is between the 15th and 16th. I thought they would ship the 15th.

You would think that the VU games store would know when it's going to be released...

Seppo said:
They're doing everything to prevent the same thing that happened to Doom 3. Some retailers started selling the game a few days too early, and suddenly there were 30, 000 people downloading the game via BitTorrent, ILLEGALLY!

Was that because retailers sold Doom 3 early, or because they get all games early and there's always some employee out there that can be bribed into selling one or two copies early...

Oh my God. Do you realize what this means. There has been a delay! We must revolt! Valve lied!

They said it will be released on the 16th when it went gold. So date hasnt changed. Some people are bound to get it earlier then others.

Seppo said:

As opposed to people downloading the game via BitTorrent legally :upstare:

I was looking on gamestop.com yesterday or the day before and thought it looked weird when they said the 15th. So yea, it's just a correction... even the guy at gamestop last Friday said it was releasing 16th, so they were just updating the site.

The 15th is the shipping date. The 16th is the "It will be on the store shelves for purchase" date.

Back