[release] HL2: Friendly Fire 0.2

fifty7var

Reaction score
http://www.pcgamemods.com/9738/

Version 0.2 released just now. This will likely be the last version.

If it loads the maps slowly, you can always extract the hl2 maps folder into this mod's directory, and load times are a fraction of the wait.

Adam

Half-Life 2: Friendly Fire
v0.2 (1/14/05)
==========================
Author: Adam Hines
email: [email protected]

Whats new in v0.2
- Localization text is fixed
- New Chapter Dialog working
- Problems with Citizens not joining your squad fixed
- Bullet time mode (I know its overdone) linked with HEV Suit battery. Toggle or hold down
bindings in the keyboard dialog

Features:

- Disables Gun Lowering on Friendly NPC's
- Allows you to do Damage to Friendly NPC's
- Friendly NPC's will now get pissed off at you if you shoot them
- Higher Tolerance while in Combat
- Citizens who see you attack another Citizen will also attack you
- A small random percentage of Citizens may run away from you rather than attack. They can't all
be as tough as Gordon.

Known Issues:

- If a NPC is in a script, then they don't react to the shooting until they die

Installation:

1) Unzip the contents of the zip file into valve\steam\steamapps\SourceMods\
2) Launch Game from the Steam Play Games window.
3) Shoot teammates in frustration (or joy.... sicko)
4) ALT toggles or hold 'v' to turn on bullet time mode

So... the sole purpose of this mod is to allow you to kill friendly NPCs? I think this will wll make some people happy. :LOL:

Hmmm... how is that fun? just shooting allies? lol

diluted said:
So... the sole purpose of this mod is to allow you to kill friendly NPCs? I think this will wll make some people happy. :LOL:
No doubt. I was quite surprised at the number of people upset that you couldn't kill friendlies!

Its not about just killing friendlies... its really more about the fact that before you couldn't. I, and many others, felt it was a restriction (probably put in place for anti-violence reasons) that detracted from the realism of the game, and added absolutely nothing to it.

So i fixed it as best as i could.

Adam

so when u hurt someone do they yell at you? i dont think they have official voices sounds for that do they?

Cheers. This is a good fix. I really dont know what VALVe was thinking when they made this restriction.

And yes, its not about killing friendlies,. its about not being confined or restricted. You are, after all, supposed to be the "One Free Man". ;)

So what happens if you kill an essential NPC like Alyx, or anyone who plays a roll in an essential script?

Vital character trigger an end game sequence, "Unable to make effective use of resources" or something along those lines, it was an existing token by valve, so i don't remember the wording.

Vital scripts... well, unfortunately i don't have any way of telling whether or not a script is vital. But like before waterhazard, when you first get the airboat, if you kill the person at the gate before they open it for you, then you are stuck and have to resave (unless you ent_fire the door open).

*Player is blocked*
Civ1: Excuse me Dr Freeman
Civ2: Sorry Doc
Civ1: Pardon me!
Civ2: Sorry
*gunshots*
*player is unblocked*

fifty7var said:
Vital character trigger an end game sequence, "Unable to make effective use of resources" or something along those lines, it was an existing token by valve, so i don't remember the wording.
:thumbs: Perfect! Valve, this is how it was supposed to be!

bliink said:
*Player is blocked*
Civ1: Excuse me Dr Freeman
Civ2: Sorry Doc
Civ1: Pardon me!
Civ2: Sorry
*gunshots*
*player is unblocked*

i agree... its freakin anoying :flame:

Awesome. I just player Black Mesa East, and the Vortiguant shot back at me. :D

Back