Release of AK skin, new muzzleflashes, and a small soundpack

looked and sounded like shiit in my opinion :)

I think it looks ok. I like the metal look. But I'm not sold on the sound. Quite tingy. One nice thing about it is it would be a little more easy to differentiate when someone is using the AK and you know not to go into a long distance battle with it since it's like a sniper rifle.

Well the video wasn't really much to brag about, but I'll give it a try.

the skin looks like crap, and muzzle flash is worse than bf, but the sound is ok. ill have a try with the sound.

...the video definatly wasnt worth the watch.

you shoulda just done a simple shooting range test.

but. looks decent.

Yeah, it's the only video I have of it. Fraps acting screwy, I guess I should try reinstalling it.

blinking halo said:
the skin looks like crap, and muzzle flash is worse than bf, but the sound is ok. ill have a try with the sound.

No, you're wrong, the muzzleflash is much better. The original muzzleflash looks like a shitty action movie's worst nightmare. Mine looks like a mix of hollywood and real life. Compare it to the flashes in Heat (movie with Robert DeNiro, and Al Pacino).

And about the skin, you're entitled to your worthless opinion, but unless it's just criticism (I don't even care if it's constructive) don't say a juvenile comment. Skin something better, or shut your mouth.

Where do you put the sound folder? in counterstrike source/cstrike ?

Yeah. Didn't like the skin. But nice try though. The sound was descent.

to install the skin, put it in
root\cstrike\materials\weapons\v_models\rif_ak47\

to install the sounds, put each folder in
root\cstrike\sound\weapons\

to install the muzzleflashes, put both of them in
root\cstrike\materials\sprites\

To those who don't like the skin - sorry, I tried.

they look nice as it is , i dont understand skinning tbh

The sound are VERY good. I reallt like the Desert Eagle and AK-47 sounds!

the skin looks quality not too sure about the sound though i quite like the AK's original sound

The skin is a nice change, but the new AK sounds are much better than the fake sounding originals.

Wow, the skin looks great, and the sounds are awesome! I love it when guns in games sound realistic, LOUD and powerful.

I don't like the muzzleflash though, it doesn't suit the AK..Those kind of muzzleflashes only occur with weapons like the M4A1 since it has small "holes" in the end of the muzzle.

But other than that, it looks awesome, I'm downloading this :)

its all good, ive downloaded it, and if i dont like it, can i just take the folders out and it will b back 2 normal again?

Glo-Boy said:
No, you're wrong, the muzzleflash is much better. The original muzzleflash looks like a shitty action movie's worst nightmare. Mine looks like a mix of hollywood and real life. Compare it to the flashes in Heat (movie with Robert DeNiro, and Al Pacino).

And about the skin, you're entitled to your worthless opinion, but unless it's just criticism (I don't even care if it's constructive) don't say a juvenile comment. Skin something better, or shut your mouth.

if you cant take some criticism then simply do NOT post here. i happen to dislike your skin and muzzle flash. and your crappy retort here "skin something better or shut up" is stupid also. im here to provide you feedback on your skin, and if you cant handle an OPINION, then you really need to go back to gradeschool. you are acting like a 12 year old kid, and unless you are one, you arent excused your stupidity.

Sound is great... "beefcake" comes to mind. If the sounds are yours originally, I would consider putting your effort there. The skin isnt my style (i dont like the beita spetznaz coloration thing...), but the rest is good.

blinking halo said:
halo, that isnt criticism. Criticism would be "the skin could use some work, in areas X, Y, and Z. Its a great effort but _____." Not simply "this sucks." An opinion is great, but its laughable that you label what you just said as "feedback." Dont tell people they cant post here, because coming from a person who has what, 40 posts, you just dont have the credibility to say something that stupid.

gh0st said:
Dont tell people they cant post here, because coming from a person who has what, 40 posts, you just dont have the credibility to say something that stupid.
Postcount means **** all when it comes to credibility, or anything else for that matter.

Wow, I loved this! I neeeed more sounds like those, I love them!

blinking halo said:

Your an idiot, you shouldn't even post at all cause that was nothing close to criticism.

Original poster : The skin isn't bad, but i'd prefer the default over yours cause you can see the details better, muzzle flash is good, and the sounds are great.
Great job on muzzle flash and sounds, just work on the skin.

RTFMy said:
Your an idiot, you shouldn't even post at all cause that was nothing close to criticism.

Original poster : The skin isn't bad, but i'd prefer the default over yours cause you can see the details better, muzzle flash is good, and the sounds are great.
Great job on muzzle flash and sounds, just work on the skin.

im an idiot? what you just wrote there isnt criticism either. all you said was that you think the skin is ok (which i said about the sound) and that you like the muzzle flash and sound. If what i posted wasnt criticism then neither is this. What you wrote is also just an opinion. But in the end, all criticism is an opinion. So i dont see why you're anymore intelligent for what you write than what i write. I should be allowed to post my opinion without being flamed. i did NOT include anything offensive in my post. I merely stated that i disliked his skin and muzzleflash. heck i even said the sound was ok. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS? MUST ALL OPINIONS BE THE SAME AS THE MAJORITY? Are you trying to say that this forum is ruled by the majority, and that individuals are inconsequential? It sounds communist, and if you had any history lessons at all you'll know exactly how that turned out.

Yeah well saying "the skin is crap" isn't particularly constructive criticism

I love the sound and have installed it already. The skin and muzzleflash I will do a comparison on later. I am not sure whether I like the new or old ones better.

blinking, RTFMy, watch it. Drop whatever argument you have now or you'll both be warned.

RE: Skin and stuff.
I like the skin, gives it kinda a newish ak-74 look. :thumbs:
The muzzle flash I don't like, mainly because that's not how the the flash looks for an AK. Also, I know the way guns flash in games in unrealistic, but I prefer the unrealistic bright flash as opposed to the faded flash.

As for the sounds? I like the reloading sound. The firing one seems too "tinkly" and reberby.

i dont really likes skins, they look cool but they seem to distract me when im playing, but i like the sounds they're beefy. Even you mac-10 sound sounded powerful. ha. i might install the sounds later when i get source.

In my opinion, i did not like it. The sound is very bad and i don't care for the muzzleflash.

All the sounds are too much alike for my taste. I like the skin though, I have a thing for black guns. Just a little more detail and a w_model...

blinking halo said:
how is it this guy isnt flamed out of existance but i am? is it the :)?

ok here you go:
:)

Omg, I *heart* you

Good laugh just made my day :E

Quelaar

Back