Released!

let me know how you like it! im waiting on the 7900gt i ordered from newegg to come in and be installed in my computer before i play this game...and no spoilers!

I have been playing it for 10 minutes or so, theres quite a few things you can tinker with and listen to the npcs talking. I'm liking the pistol, very satisfying to take out the enemy... loving the headshots.

I had steam on for about 2 hours, checked it and it still said unreleased...figures i forgot to restart steam!

its not starting :(
its stuck at the prepare to launch button D:

It's too hard in some bits and too easy in others.

Some rooms I can rocket through, killing all the enemies and then suddenly you reach a room with 6 enemies in all shooting you with Shotguns D:
The room with the haywire forklift crane is especially hard and the bit with the **** HUGE Mutant.

I did notice a couple of bugs though.
There were a couple of times when something like a door opening is supposed to trigger and it didn't.
Occasionally the AI was really stupid and I could walk right in front of them without shooting me, then they don't even realise when I shot them in the face. But they still died so...doesn't matter.
Sometimes when a mutant was in a room with an undulating floor e.g. water and mud, the mutant would look like it was running about a foot above the ground.

Overall, I have very good first impressions, way better than SiN 1 which whilst still fun doesnt have the same character that Source gives the sequel (i.e. ragdoll physics and satisfying explosions)

I bumped the sliders to about 60% of the way up and DAMN it gets hard later. I dunno how long it is, but I'm 3.5 hours in and the minigun armored guys are a BITCH to fight. With just 1-2 of them unloading on you, you die inside of 2 seconds.

So far the mutagen stuff has hardly helped as it's a pain to stand in the cloud and then go find something to fight within the ~10 seconds it's on.

I put the 'help' thing at top, so it wouldn't give me any help...big mistake.

Back