Religous question.honest discussion,no flaming please.

For context

theendrd3.jpg

In regards to Evolution, all I have to say is, my Grandfather wasn't a monkey.

Of course your grandfather wasn't a monkey(well, I don't know but I'm assuming he wasn't). Neither was his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his or his...

...and so on, but down the list the line starts becoming blurred.

For context

theendrd3.jpg

it's got the thread title which made it work

that's kinda weird.

not really 'go to church today weird', but weird.

When I first came here a few weeks ago and ghosted you seemed smarter then like you give yourself now,Not to say thatI am super intelligent but the argument you make is very weak.
ZombieTurtle always talks like that on Saturdays... no one really knows why.

God made man
But he used the monkey to do it
Apes in the plan
Were all here to prove it
I can walk like an ape
Talk like an ape
I can do what a monkey can do
God made man
But a monkey supplied the glue

~Devo

facepalm.jpeg

NOT THIS S**T AGAIN! /FACEPALM

@ Irksome: Nobody seems to like your, "holier than thou" attitude. I'm a Christian too, but the whole, "your going to hell" thing does not sit well with most people. Myself included. ;)

On this note, this thread really ought to be closed. Everyone's seen enough of these, "Creationism vs. Darwinism" threads already.

@ OP: Look it up in the forum archives if you don't believe me.

I think this thread has more than enough trolling atm, thanks guys.

The more I see Irksome post, the less I think of him as an epic troll, and the more I think of him as a complete moron.
I'm not a 'complete' moron. There's still some parts missing.

I've seen a bumpersticker with that one-liner before. :D

I'd like to jump in here and randomly insult Saturos, like in the good old days.

SATUROS YOU GOD-BOTHERER!

/me trolls Saturos

This thread is now about trolling on Saturos.

STOP WEARING DRAGON SHIRTS NEWB

Poor Irksome. Now he can never post again, which is probably for the best.

I think that Dan answered the two questions pretty well, so maybe I should close this thread now?

No he essentially accepted God back into his life, like most scientists and atheists do before they meet their judgment, on top of which he took back Evolution
Even if you were trolling, this is a widely held belief, and people deserve to know that it is entirely false.

From wikipedia:
The 'Lady Hope Story', published in 1915, claimed that Darwin had reverted back to Christianity on his sickbed. The claims were refuted by Darwin's children and have been dismissed as false by historians. His daughter, Henrietta, who was at his deathbed, said that he did not convert to Christianity. His last words were, in fact, directed at Emma: 'Remember what a good wife you have been.'

Ah, HAAA! Sulk double-posted! INFRACT SULK! :D

Sorry man, I couldn't help myself.

The policies of God's government are failing and he is not democratically accountable to the people. I sense a revolution.

Poor Irksome. Now he can never post again, which is probably for the best.

I think that Dan answered the two questions pretty well, so maybe I should close this thread now?

Hes banned?

Nah, but 666 man! he's got to stay put to keep it like that.

Aw, I was hoping he got banned at 666. Would have been epic.

I wonder why he got rid of his avatar and signature.

Nr.1You know how a lot of very religious Christians and other members abrahamic religions say that god has a plan for everyone? If this is true then that means that millions of kids are born each year just so they can die of of starvation or diseases like AIDS.How can people say thing like:"oh god works in mysteries ways and he has plans for everyone " and it the same time know of all these dying children and babies?
This is one of the big problems I have with religion. God is all knowing and has created us, therefor we can blame him for any outcome in our lives. Namely people dying and suffering like that but also not to mention he is entirely responsible for everyone that is sent to hell. If he has created us and the way we think, and is all knowing then he creates people that he knows will go to hell. Not a very fair system I think.

Nr.2 If the one god we all know from the Bible ,Torah and Koran. created this planet and the universe 10.000 years ago

Why are the Egyptian gods much older wouldn't Ra,Isis and Osiris have seniority?

your thoughts?
Evolution of religion no doubt. It's all made up B.S. as there is so much more wrong with the bible and the idea of god. I am willing to debate anyone on the subject further whether they want to PM me or create a different thread. I don't want to derail this one.

Aw, I was hoping he got banned at 666. Would have been epic.

I wonder why he got rid of his avatar and signature.
Perhaps he figured that since his avatar represented something video game related, which is the fruit of the devil, he should remove it.

(That one avatar he had of the knight, not the American Flag)

Srsly though, I don't understand doomsayer/judgmental Christians.
They are not Christian for acting like this to begin with. :p
I mean, Adolf Hitler claimed to be Christian. Doesn't mean he really was one.

Not every so-called Christian is all douchey like Ned Flanders from 'The Simpsons'.
"You can attract more bees with honey than you can with vinegar" is what I say.

It's not Christianity that makes atheists hate God or god(s), (other than they just don't believe in "sky fairies"), but the annoying, "zealot" aspect of it some 'supposed' Christians have.

Like...well, Ned Flanders. Or Irksome. :p

...and yes it is annoying Irksome. Don't think there are Christians among us (like me) that shun the actions of a zealot.

There is no conflict between christianity and evolution, they are very compatible.

I love religious satire, i wonder if someone here actually think this is real :LOL:

ZombieTurtle always talks like that on Saturdays... no one really knows why.

:LOL:
I almost want to sig that.

Yeah, something about Saturday Nights... I just morph into this... retard. :p

There is no conflict between christianity and evolution, they are very compatible.

That may be, but thats not what most believe and its preached to exclude evolution entirely. 50% of Americans are creationists and 42% believe life has existed in its present form since the beginning of time. Doesn't sound like Evolution is very accepted amongst Christians.

Christianity: Earth created in 6 days, everything was created by god as it is.
Evolution: Explains the diversity of life by organisms evolving and adapting to its environments within time.

---------------
everything was created by god as it is
organisms evolving
---------------

---------------
created by god as it is
organisms evolving
---------------

---------------
created
evolved

DOES NOT COMPUTE COMPATABILITY
---------------

Christianity: Earth created in 6 days, everything was created by god as it is.
Evolution: Explains the diversity of life by organisms evolving and adapting to its environments within time.

---------------
everything was created by god as it is
organisms evolving
---------------

---------------
created by god as it is
organisms evolving
---------------

---------------
created
evolved

DOES NOT COMPUTE COMPATABILITY
---------------
Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Christianity itself is huge, and extremely varied in scope and doctrine. You can't just say the earth was created in 6 literal days and use that as a blanket statement for all of Christendom.

Fundamentalists read the text of Genesis 1 literally and see creation as happening in six 24-hour days. However the actual founders of the church obviously knew this wasn't the case. In the second letter of Peter he says "with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day".

It's inappropriate to use Genesis as a scientific, historical text, since it was written for religious instruction and spiritual teaching.

This may go against the doctrine of many 'theist' beliefs, but couldn't something be "created to evolve"?

After all, the bible doesn't go into any nitty-gritty details of how Adam and Eve's children reproduced. (Yes, I've read all of Genesis) It's possible that they had sex with the homo-erectus species (partially evolved monkeys) of the time that once dominated the planet. Ergo, we very well could have monkey blood in us after all eh? Then again, cross-breeding and evolution is not quite the same. :|

The reason scientific knowledge is ommited from the bible according to many theologists is because supposedly, it's not important to the "spiritual salvation of humans". In other words, they say it is kept to a, "need-to-know" basis.

EDIT>
It's inappropriate to use Genesis as a scientific, historical text, since it was written for religious instruction and spiritual teaching.
^What this guy said basically. I didn't see this post before I typed. :p

Again, heathen gods; false idols worshipped by Pagans. Of course, that's bullshit too, because everyone knows that Odin and Zeus kick the shit out of that wimpy Christian God.
But didn't Zeus get his arse whupped by a mere mortal or something? (Hercules I think)

Well at least we atheists and you moderate christians can agree on that. I'd also like to say that the Bible itself should not be viewed as historical text or even allegory. It should be viewed like the Odyssey or the Illiad are viewed: a book of mythology written by an ancient people.

Even if you were trolling, this is a widely held belief, and people deserve to know that it is entirely false.

From wikipedia:
The 'Lady Hope Story', published in 1915, claimed that Darwin had reverted back to Christianity on his sickbed. The claims were refuted by Darwin's children and have been dismissed as false by historians. His daughter, Henrietta, who was at his deathbed, said that he did not convert to Christianity. His last words were, in fact, directed at Emma: 'Remember what a good wife you have been.'
I'd also like to add, assuming it were true, so ****ing what? He was raised christian only later to renounce God and discover evolution, so maybe it was only natural that he'd attempt to 'redeem' himself in God's eyes in his final moments. The fact that he did so on his deathbed would strongly suggest that he did it out of fear, and besides all that, what kind of backwards thinking says that a credible idea should be completely discarded because it's discoverer suddenly decides it to be untrue? If I told you I'd buried a chest of gold in my back yard and showed you a photo of it and a gold piece as evidence, only then to change my mind and tell you it's not there after all, would you take my word for it, or would you be out there the next ****ing night with a torch and shovel? :p

Well at least we atheists and you moderate christians can agree on that. I'd also like to say that the Bible itself should not be viewed as historical text or even allegory. It should be viewed like the Odyssey or the Illiad are viewed: a book of mythology written by an ancient people.
Does "moderate christians" translate into "open-minded Christians"?

If so, then you are correct. I don't pretend to know everything, because I don't, but that could also translate to "non-judgmental Christians", a.k.a true Christians imo.

Ned Flanders an others like him can build his little circle of "perfect people" if he wants, but I know well enough that I have enough skeletons in my closet that I should never say shit like, "your going to hell". :p

Ned Flanders + Irksome != ideal Christian model.
moderate Christian = true Christian
Christian zealot != true Christian

Get my drift?

...and I've never understood the philosophy of finger-pointing. It's gets people nowhere fast.
It even says in the bible, "Judge not lest ye be judged", so how could Ned Flanders or Irksome be true Christians?
Oh crap. I guess now that makes me a Christian zealot. /facepalm

I guess I'd better suit up already. *puts on flame suit and mask*

That may be, but thats not what most believe and its preached to exclude evolution entirely. 50% of Americans are creationists and 42% believe life has existed in its present form since the beginning of time. Doesn't sound like Evolution is very accepted amongst Christians.

And are the majority of Christians American?

I'll accept your claim that the majority of Christians believe evolution contradicts Christianity once you show me global statistics.
The Catholics for example are pretty open to evolution, and they make up a far higher proportion of Christians in many countries compared to the USA.

And are the majority of Christians American?

I'll accept your claim that the majority of Christians believe evolution contradicts Christianity once you show me global statistics.
The Catholics for example are pretty open to evolution, and they make up a far higher proportion of Christians in many countries compared to the USA.
Indeed. Catholics are probably the minority branch of Christianity in the US. Protestant is the majority fs without a doubt.

I fail to see how demanding that homosexuals be stoned to death can be taken non-literally, or how one can take noahs ark symbolically.

I fail to see how demanding that homosexuals be stoned to death can be taken non-literally, or how one can take noahs ark symbolically.

It can be ignored due to later teaching such as love thy neighbour and let he who is without sin cast the first stone trumping it.
Except for fundies who would probably be homophobes even if they'd never found religion.

^This.

"Well... see, the stones are a metephor... for you know, tickling. We want you to tickle homosexuals into damnation..."

^This.

"Well... see, the stones are a metephor... for you know, tickling. We want you to tickle homosexuals into damnation..."

The stones are obviously just a metaphor for using whatever weapons are available at the time. Obviously it doesnt mean to actually "stone" them, but rather, taking it metaphorically to mean "shoot them" with pistols and such.

...and I fail to see what you said has to do with anything in this thread tbh. :|

Back