Removal of Post Count

Adrien C said:
But if you remove them, this forums will be just like those crappy forums where you have no idea who is who. I say we make a poll and see what other people think.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25867

Just one month ago... obviously, everyone reads Site Discussion. :rolling:

I don't see what keeps prompting these discussions about post counts... this is the only place (forum) I ever see them come up.

Adrien C said:
But if you remove them, this forums will be just like those crappy forums where you have no idea who is who. I say we make a poll and see what other people think.
Within a week you know which posters spam and which make good posts.

Unless you have a short memory, you get to know who is who.

Fat Tony! said:
give custom ranks and karma system :thumbs:
the karma system sucks =\

I'd say if you remove post count, just allow custom titles. It'd be better that way, people wouldn't be spamming for the "coolest one", and the "everyone will pick a stupid one" argument fails cause we have custom avatars.

Please remove it. I think all forums everywhere should remove it.
Just because you have more posts doesn't freaking mean that you know more than I do.
I am a coder and I have a masters in computer science.
Some people really should do their research before posting instead of believing what their friend that is in grade school told them.

jackofthetrade32 said:
Please remove it. I think all forums everywhere should remove it.
Just because you have more posts doesn't freaking mean that you know more than I do.
I am a coder and I have a masters in computer science.
Some people really should do their research before posting instead of believing what their friend that is in grade school told them.
ah, but just because you have degrees doesn't make you any more rational or levelheaded a personm or even that you know more necessarily.

And my stepfather is a perfect example, with his shiny Ph.D and astounding stupidity.
(not an insult to you directly, I'm just talking in general)

Back