Renting a cinema for Half-Life 2

Mr-Fusion

Tank
Reaction score
Remember that guy said he was going to rent a cinema for Half-Life 2 and hook a pc up to the projector and play on the massive screen with 10.1 surround sound

Where is that guy? Playing half-life 2 like that hmmm. ....can't imagine how awesome that'd be.

Ever see an IMax film? :O Imagine HL2 on that!!!

Gabe! Make it so! (hes the only one with the power!)

It's probably cheaper to buy a projector and a 5.1 system but the idea sounds great! :D

to rent it for one night would be alot cheaper than paying $4-$8k and $200-$2k on the projector and speakers (Aus $)

great..sticky feet and gum under your seat...great place to play. Rather have the recliner in my livingroom LoL. I paid less than $2000 for my home theater...thanks to EBAY!

Yes!!! It was mayro! Good work Jarman!

Mayro! Is the plan still happening?

That would be awesome. Think i should get a projector at home ;)

He's gunna need some pretty long wires on that keyboard and mouse or cordless ones (that go further than 1cm) :p

Mayro, can I sit in the back row and throw Jaffas at you whenever you're in a firefight with the Combine????

my dad bought a small projector which could take up a whole wall @ my house

destrukt said:
my dad bought a small projector which could take up a whole wall @ my house

What time should I be there on Tuesday??? :afro:

I've been working on a home theater setup for my PC...

all that is missing is the 60" HDTV, and the TV Tuner card.
I have everything else needed. :D

I think i'll just stay home...

Generous supply of Bawls/Jolt/Redbull, 9 foot screen, 5.1 surround.

Really guys, having a homecinema has never been so available for so (relatively) little money. I'm just surprised not more people have done it allready.

I shall be playing HL2 on my home theatre system with projector and 5.1 sound when HL2 finally arrives ;), much the same as I did when CS:S was released. If my room was bigger, i'd have a bigger screen - that's only 65" :( .... :p

cs2a.jpg

Big G said:
I shall be playing HL2 on my home theatre system with projector and 5.1 sound when HL2 finally arrives ;), much the same as I did when CS:S was released. If my room was bigger, i'd have a bigger screen - that's only 65" :( .... :p

cs2a.jpg

Why you bastard! Give me that setup! :O

Hehe, very nice though, unlike the rest of us who play our games on 17" monitors. :(

And, I noticed you registered to say that lol, damn you!!

Heheh, yeah, i've been lurking on this forum for what feels like years waiting for HL2 to be released - it seemed like an apt time to register and post ;).

G

JiMmEh said:
Why you bastard! Give me that setup! :O

Hehe, very nice though, unlike the rest of us who play our games on 17" monitors. :(

And, I noticed you registered to say that lol, damn you!!

Quoted for emphasis....

:D

eventually there will be glasses that give the biggest, crispiest resolution possible but in a small package.(actually 'eventually' they'll have implants)
Then we won't need all this big equipment that makes us stand 10 feet back.. it reminds me of the old cowboy/indian fire analogy: "Native American build small fire, stand close. Pale face build large fire, stand far back." (edited for political correctness)

Well, if I was a millionaire, I'd buy a very strong dual-CPU rig, and play it like that. On a 15" monitor :p.

Back