Res Ajust

S

smiley235

hey, just wandering with half life 2 if resolution has any advantages and if so, which resolution is the best for the game. My computer is fast enough to handle any res and my screen is 17''.

"1200" :rolleyes: The advantage to higher resolution is better eye candy. The disadvantage is lower frames per second. The resolution thats best is the one that achives a good ballance between the two, depending on your comps ability.

fps comes first. waaaay first. 800x600 for me (only got a gf4mx...well had..*frowns*)

i got like 80fps off that so it was good for me, even though it was only a directx 7 card

When will I get a monitor with all those fancy widescreen stuff.... :sigh: :(

I got an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, a 1GB load of RAM, a 120 GB seagate harddisk, a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card, and finally, my lovely ATI X800 Pro VGA card :D (and a 3-and-a-half-years-old 15" SHARP Lcd monitor :hmph:) I also used the Creative 5.1 Surround speakers, they rock!!!! :cheers:

i dont see the point of these topics, why do people have to ask 'which of these settings is best for my computer', why cant you just adjust the settings yourself and find out what looks and performs best?

CREMATOR666 said:
I got an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, a 1GB load of RAM, a 120 GB seagate harddisk, a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card, and finally, my lovely ATI X800 Pro VGA card :D (and a 3-and-a-half-years-old 15" SHARP Lcd monitor :hmph:) I also used the Creative 5.1 Surround speakers, they rock!!!! :cheers:

wanna trade!?!?!?

HL2 looks spoogeifying on my 26" widescreen LCD at 1360 x 768.

Back