Resistance and Liberation a WW2 Infantry Simulator now recruiting

Steelwind

Reaction score
Hey guys. Name's Adam, but I go by Steelwind around here and on the team. I'm currently one of the two leaders for Resistance and Liberation. Over the past few years Creasemaster and I have built up an exceptional team of developers working to create a much more dramatic and realistic approach to World War 2. We'd like to deviate from the faster paced, movie inspired products we've seen in the recent years. Fundamentally we're building RnL on the basis of pure historical accuracy. We go to great lengths to insure the best quality and most accurate content possible. To accomplish this we've established relationships with Vets, reinactors, and historians across the country. Every detail is established upon communication between our developers and these priceless contacts.

Initially RnL will be developed based on the events of the 82nd Airborne and their plight through Normandy, starting with D-Day. A campaign system of maps will be used, all modelled after the real world locations and objectives the 82nd Airborne encountered during their operation. All of the locations depicted are meticulously recreated using reference photos, togographical maps, aerial photos, and veteran accounts. Once in the world, players are encouraged to experience the drama and intensity of the events unfolding around them. They'll see the world around them like any soldier would, without using a HUD to gain information on their whereabouts and condition. Instead, players will rely on visual and audio clues to ascertain such commodities. Interactions with their teammates will be essential in the success of their assigned objectives. Each class of soldier will have a secondary function which can only be utilized alongside and with the support of another class. The goal is to reward teams who communicate and work together to achieve victory.

More on the mod and some of our initial features can be found at:
FAQ
About
Interview

At this point I'd like to demonstrate some of our media that we have available to the public. Below you'll find thumbnails and links to renders and initial animations being created by our developers.

US Radioman

US Medic

German Sniper

German Fallshirmjager

US M1919A6

US M1 Garand

German MG42

German K98 High Turret

German Tiger

US M35 Truck

You'll need the latest version of Quicktime to view the movies and the latest Divx to view the animation files.

http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/images/classes/us_BAR_400.mov
http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/images/classes/us_rifle_450.mov
http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/movies/playeranimations.zip

So that should give you a glimpse at the hard work being put into this mod. But that's not even half of the work we have done. Everything going into the first release, is completed and ready to go. Yes everything. Every weapon, every player class, and the few vehicles we'll be using up front. We have an incredibly talented team, and now it's time for us to expand and bring aboard some more determined members.

On top of doing some recruiting, we'd like to spread awareness for the fruits of our labor. We have an incredible community built up at our site, but we'd like to expand that as well. One of the best additions to a team is their relentless community, helping them strive for a more complete and desirable product.

However, before we ask those interested in filling out an application, we'd like to tell you about ourselves, the people you'll be working with for quite some time. We go by Digital History, the name of our development group that is publishing Resistance and Liberation. Hopefully in the near future Digital History will also be developing and producing a number of other products as well. Our staff is comprised of mostly older members, ranging in age from 18-32. We have developers who work full-time within various design industries including:

• Genesis: Based in Florida, they create animated feature films for the big screen and DVD
  • Apogee.net: A web based graphic design company out of Georgia
  • Kush Games: Sports title developer out of California
  • A computer science major working in the IT department of Reliant Energy in Texas
  • Several developers currently enrolled in Universities across the globe, working on various aspects of game development
  • Developers who created 3rd party content for mods such as Day of Defeat and Counter-Strike

Each of us have spent almost 2 full years on RnL, and we've become a very close-knit and organized group of individuals. For the longest time we were satisfied with our staff and the progress we were making. At this point however, we've decided to start taking on extra helping hands to prep for the anticipated release of HL2. I'd like to invite anyone interested to follow this link and apply with us.

http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/apps.htm

As well, I'd like to offer my contact information for anyone who wishes to express their concerns, ideas, praise, or check application status. I can be reached via any of the following:

Email/Yahoo: [email protected]
AOL: SteelwindGUN
MSN: [email protected]
IRC: #resistancemod on irc.gamesurge.net

At this point we're open to anyone willing to apply, but we'd like to express a real interest in the following:

Coders
UV mappers
Mappers

Thanks for taking to the time to read a bit about Resistance and Liberation. Please visit us at www.resistanceandliberation.com!

nice man, good to see you have a ton of content done,, I'm currently tied up elsewhere, but I've been wanting to do an old-style eastern european town map for some time now,, doesn't fit the theme of the mod I currently work on, so I may make a 3rd party submission in the future :)

also you have cale as a coder? how many mods is he working on? :D

Shinobi said:
also you have cale as a coder? how many mods is he working on? :D

:D Yeah I've been talking to Cale off and on for a while. I believe his main focus is Jungle Mist at the moment, but he's been kind enough to offer us assistance once we get some source code in our hands. He's a busy guy, but very talented as well.

Dam this mod looks good,sounds right up my street.
Good luck and keep us posted on the progress :cheers:

For all your talent you have a pretty serious flaw. You don't want coders, you want a coder. Furthermore, on your website, you state you have 3 already! Severe lack of project lead skills here. Two coders at the most is all you need for a mod, and even then you have problems with code management. Other than that, nice models :)

Onions said:
For all your talent you have a pretty serious flaw. You don't want coders, you want a coder. Furthermore, on your website, you state you have 3 already! Severe lack of project lead skills here. Two coders at the most is all you need for a mod, and even then you have problems with code management. Other than that, nice models :)

I agree completely Onions. Our team page is a bit out of date. VTEnginneer isn't going to be working with us much if any at all, and Cale is really my last resort go-to guy. What I'm looking for is another coder to work along side me. I'm a programmer at Reliant Energy, and I'm completely aware of how scattered code can become when it's being written by multiple sources.

Excellent, will be keeping an eye on your mod :)

Back