Resistance and Liberation Update

A

Azlan

Resistance and Liberation is an WWII mod who's goal is to realistically portray the events and actions taken by the 82nd Airborne during their stay in Normandy. They plan on implementing real life realism. Here are a few items which they plan on using to achieve this:
  • No crosshair
  • Weight and intertia added to weaponry
  • Full balistics added to weaponry
  • No HUD
  • No death messages
  • Revised score display
  • An advanced damage system
[br]</br>They have released some shots of one of their maps.
[br]

[br]To visit Risistance and Liberation's website, click here.

Azlan said:
They plan on implementing real life realism.
Is that another word for One Hit Kills? And blood in your eyes, and not being able to move if you got shot in the leg. Cause if it is...boooo...I guess. I've had enough World War II games anyway, so forget this mod.

I don't believe its supposed to be one hit kills, but in the head and chest it is but beyond that no...but i dont see anything wrong with that, considering there are no crosshairs

I hope they know where to stop when it comes to realism... too much isnt fun.

I don't like the idea of no crosshairs...

yes its still just a game, but i think they know that, so hopefully its got its share of realism but also some cool touches that make it fun

SixThree said:
I don't like the idea of no crosshairs...
Ironsights, they work. Believe me, no crosshairs open new doors. Try Hostile Intent for HL1. It's fantastically fun, yet realistic.

Yeah definetly, hostile intent, takes a little getting used to but its fun

CrimsonGhost said:
Red Orchestra has some competition...finally.

correct me if i'm wrong....but isn't Red Orchestra a UT2004 mod?

WritingARequiem said:
Is that another word for One Hit Kills? And blood in your eyes, and not being able to move if you got shot in the leg. Cause if it is...boooo...I guess. I've had enough World War II games anyway, so forget this mod.

Yeah I like to complain about mods that are fun, and teach you real things, like how dangerous weapons are, instead of jumping up and down with a AK-47 getting hit with grenades and stray bullets and then it hitting me that i still have 97% life left!!! YAY!!

SilentKilla said:
Yeah I like to complain about mods that are fun, and teach you real things, like how dangerous weapons are, instead of jumping up and down with a AK-47 getting hit with grenades and stray bullets and then it hitting me that i still have 97% life left!!! YAY!!
Just like real life.

i like the idea of weapon inertia. will actually make smaller smg better for close combat in urban areas.

Sounds nice.... but it can still go so far! Every 6 hours or so you have to get something to eat, and find a shrub in which to take a sh1t. Honestly, that would be so satisfying to go ALL THE WAY REAL.

I thought the screens looked great - no crosshair will take a bit of getting used to ... i'd like to play it :)

This sounds cool, but I'd like to add one recommendation:

There is something fundamentally unrealistic about the reloading sequence in FPSes. Is there a way to make it so that you can't reload a half-emptied clip instantly? Or if you do, you lose all the ammo in the clip you discard. Think about it, in FPS games when you reload, it's like you instantly take out the clip with 6 bullets left, add 39 to it, and then place it back in. I think if you've got a clip that's only partially empty, then you reload, you should loose the bullets in the un-finished clip you threw out. Either that or the game should keep you from reloading until your clip is empty.

*shrug* I only mention this for realism, not because I think it would be all that enjoyable.

Quick, put a dot in the middle of your screen on a piece of tape and instant cross hair!

I'm definately looking forward to the mod though

The screenshots look great, except the edges of the maps are really obvious. They need to do a better job disguising where the maps end.

Mountain Man said:
The screenshots look great, except the edges of the maps are really obvious. They need to do a better job disguising where the maps end.

That's because the 3d Sky Box isnt in there yet...the playable area is most important then you set up the background to make to look good.

yes you are correct, but there are no mods or games on any platform of any game that come close to the realism and intensity of RO.

seriously, I had the idea I was looking at a map for Call of Duty?

wtf?

weell... both

good as in CoD is a wonderful game with great maps.
bad as in atmosphere ripoff ?

but really did not post it as either negative or positive reaction, more like an odd thing i experienced.

Hehe I would assume you can only map the French countryside so many ways before they all look similar. Of course it's going to look like CoD or BiA. They are basing the mod off real-life locations for WW2 battlegrounds. It's tough to make maps look different, while trying to keep them true to life. No offense implied, btw.

justmatt said:
There is something fundamentally unrealistic about the reloading sequence in FPSes. Is there a way to make it so that you can't reload a half-emptied clip instantly? Or if you do, you lose all the ammo in the clip you discard. Think about it, in FPS games when you reload, it's like you instantly take out the clip with 6 bullets left, add 39 to it, and then place it back in. I think if you've got a clip that's only partially empty, then you reload, you should loose the bullets in the un-finished clip you threw out. Either that or the game should keep you from reloading until your clip is empty.

*shrug* I only mention this for realism, not because I think it would be all that enjoyable.
Sorry, but you kind of contradicted yourself here. You are saying that discarding magazines is realistic, when in fact you don't throw away any mags that have rounds still left in them, or even empty. You keep them so you can reload them later (when not in the middle of a firefight). If you were to unload a mag with rounds still in it, you would just load a fresh one and then if you need to, get the other one again later. You don't discard them.

Screenshots are looking good.

Although I am sick of the WWII Era of games, this one looks to be pretty nice! I am needing a good mod too because CS:S is getting boring. Hopefully this one will be good.

justmatt said:
This sounds cool, but I'd like to add one recommendation:

Play Battlefield 1942/Vietnam. That includes that feature. I don't know, but I find it annoying. I was taught to reload after every gun-fight, and instinct tellls me, do it. When I do, I find myself clip-less. :|

Argyll said:
Sorry, but you kind of contradicted yourself here. You are saying that discarding magazines is realistic, when in fact you don't throw away any mags that have rounds still left in them, or even empty. You keep them so you can reload them later (when not in the middle of a firefight). If you were to unload a mag with rounds still in it, you would just load a fresh one and then if you need to, get the other one again later. You don't discard them.

Screenshots are looking good.

Okay, I see your point. So just take that into account then. In normal FPS games like HL2, would that mean you are taking those old clips and re-loading them behind your back or something? My point was that overall the way reloading works in FPSes always struck me as unrealistic. I guess to make it realistic, they'd have to have a feature where you put your gun away, reload a magazine, and keep it as a backup? I'm not saying it'd be FUN, but shit as long as we're talking "realism", I thought I'd mention the reloading system.

Realism is stinky and belongs in reality, not a blooduh video game, agh!

Back