Rev v. Grav

Tantalus

Reaction score
Earlier I started a poll about which guns were best out of Revolver, PulseRifle, RocketLauncher, and GravityGun. Revolver and GravityGun were neck in neck, and are currently tied. Now I start this thread, which hopefully will explain each of your views.

Please tell if you chose the Gravity Gun or Revolver, and tell why. Or, if you chose another weapon, that'll work too.

Because this thread has died prematurely, I'll respond with my own opinion.

Personally, I like the gravity gun. Not only is it fun to shoot barrels/cars at people, you can use it strategically, like making blockades, or stairways. Also, it is awesome to grab those energy balls from the pulse rifle and shooting them back. Sweetness, that.

i, personally prefer the rev...

its just plain cool to run around, and 1 hit kill poeple with a REVOLVER :p

but if the grav gun would get a little tuning (just make it faster to take out!!! so we don't have to run around with it...) it would definately become the best weapon... just cause of the versatility

the SMG/grenade launcher combo used to rock back in HL, where everyone had to be proficient in that to stand a chance, but the HL2 SMG/GL combo is considerably weaker now... saddening....

As a replacement, I'd have to say the grav gun. versatile.

Jenga said:
the SMG/grenade launcher combo used to rock back in HL, where everyone had to be proficient in that to stand a chance, but the HL2 SMG/GL combo is considerably weaker now... saddening....

As a replacement, I'd have to say the grav gun. versatile.

Yes, I wish the SMG/GL was better... but at least now you don't have to run across the map for it.

I like the grav gun better because there isn't anything better than taking out your opponent with a kitchen sink. :p

actually it wouldve been cool if you could catch the SMG grenades with the Gravity Gun too

Jenga said:
actually it wouldve been cool if you could catch the SMG grenades with the Gravity Gun too

Yeah, that would have been great.

i personally like the pulse rifle, because I freaking love those bouncy plasma thingies.

I love to bounce plasma shots around corners or into small rooms. Especially the supercharger room in lockdown.

Suits up to 200 eh? not anymore "fwaaaatang poom poom poom poom fizzle poom poom BWAM" you got fried

Flyingdebris said:
i personally like the pulse rifle, because I freaking love those bouncy plasma thingies.

I love to bounce plasma shots around corners or into small rooms. Especially the supercharger room in lockdown.

Suits up to 200 eh? not anymore "fwaaaatang poom poom poom poom fizzle poom poom BWAM" you got fried

Yes, I love that baby... but it wasn't so popular according to the polls.

Gravity gun.

Because I can pick up a table, and crouch behind it. The Magnum just became useless. Say hello to Mr. Table by the way, as you're about to get toileted with it. *PSHHH THOOMP!*

Prototelis said:
Gravity gun.

Because I can pick up a table, and crouch behind it. The Magnum just became useless. Say hello to Mr. Table by the way, as you're about to get toileted with it. *PSHHH THOOMP!*

The only problem is it is very easy to grenade.

tantalus, can you please stop this random thread and poll making. thnx. we don't need a poll for every weapon comparison or rating, "is this good enough", "weapon "x" vs weapon "d"", "is weapon "r" to good?" etc..

EVIL said:
tantalus, can you please stop this random thread and poll making. thnx. we don't need a poll for every weapon comparison or rating, "is this good enough", "weapon "x" vs weapon "d"", "is weapon "r" to good?" etc..
hear, hear

gravity gun is leet, revolver is cheap.

EVIL said:

I agree, this thread was a mistake, but all of the other ones I had a reason* for posting... I'll try to be more careful.

*The reason is that I'm going to design a small mod for LAN parties and such... maybe.

Jenga said:
If you had the reflexes of an alien cat, yes. :p

Tantalus said:
Yes, I love that baby... but it wasn't so popular according to the polls.
i hate that stupid thing! i had a magnum and 200 armor and someone shot that atme from far away so i dodged around the corner and watched it bounce back and forth for a few seconds against the walls like 5 feet away from me so i thought i was safe and just stayed in my position. all of a sudden it hits me! pissed me off ;(

DrunkPanda said:
i hate that stupid thing! i had a magnum and 200 armor and someone shot that atme from far away so i dodged around the corner and watched it bounce back and forth for a few seconds against the walls like 5 feet away from me so i thought i was safe and just stayed in my position. all of a sudden it hits me! pissed me off ;(

I just got off playing HL2 : DM, and I pwned 4 guys with one shot... it was Team DM, btw, and they were in the uber charger room...

I'd have to vote for the pistol, the whole "charge shot" requires so much time to completely charge, and so much skill to use.

**Goes back to pwning peeps with the pistol**

Xhawk>>GT<< said:
I'd have to vote for the pistol, the whole "charge shot" requires so much time to completely charge, and so much skill to use.

**Goes back to pwning peeps with the pistol**

... I'm assuming you made this mistake on purpose.

I'd have to go with the grav gun, you can pick up a table and block the revolvers shots. Then when you get close to the guy with the revolver, watch as he wastes all his ammo on the desk, runs away, and as hes running away, u kitchen sink him! :D

well i gotta say that my fave is the grav gun its such a cool fun weapon that can be used in so many inovative ways, we've just started to use it can't wait to see what people can do with it in a month or 2 the revolver is just a noob weapon point and click bang youre dead from one shoot it's the weapon of choice for those with small winky syndrome

Yes, there is much you can do with the gravity gun... pwning n00bs with the revolver is pretty fun too...

DrunkPanda said:
i'm starting to like grav gun more and more each time i play :)

Same here! I just got of playing HL2: DM, and as I used to use the revolver, this time I decided to throw toilets. Me and four toilets took down 4 guys :)

ray_MAN said:
If you had the reflexes of an alien cat, yes. :p

who knows? You might even be able to do a Magneto and toss bullets back at the other guy! WoohoO!!

rev

is rev a bit too powerful compared to the first hl? and im very disappointed that the crossbow is much worse than it was in the first hl. its become almost redundant with the rev's intro

Well, since the latest update the revolver's power has gone down. What do you think of about that?

Back