RIFT (aka World of Everhammer Online)

Bored at work, amazed this game works on my work lappy. Lowest settings ftw.

My rogue is about 14 now and I'm really enjoying this. My favourite thing about it by far is how people come together to form raids when those tears open up. Something about it is just really cool to see.

Yeah, as long as they don't all have their own private groups so you can't even heal the worthless ****s for contribution.

My roguey-poo in newly dyed armour. Good thing it protects her where it counts! :rolleyes:

zxxrj.jpg

My cleric porting directly into an unexpected invasion. Whoops.

tuPRa.jpg

That giant/troll type creature looks awesome. Looks like a real battle, lots of enemies.

Caved and bought this last night. I'll probably end up regretting it like WAR, but I have shit tons of free time so meh. Currently on Briarcliff if anyone so happens to be on.

Who wants a code to play RIFT for free this weekend? You will be able to play from 10am PDT April 8, 2011 until 10am PDT April 11, 2011. The first person to send me a PM gets it.

Ugh. I won't be on my PC or I'd take it.

I'd like to but it'd take at least a day to download so probably not much point.

Funny story.

Still being a newb at this game (Only level 20) and still on the PVE server, I decided to just wonder around. I was up north of Argent Glade near the border of the 'country' to the left, and decided to start climbing some big ol' hills to the North. I end up crossing over into the northern 'country' and hit a bit of a snag in my hill climb plan. It's too steep! I end up using Angelic Wings just right to get past that little bump and I'm home free. I start walking around on the trail, noticing a whole lot of of those 'elite level' Guardian AI's. I found that odd, but keep going. I find a bridge, and see another person finally! Marching forward towards me, I realize there are some Defiant Elite Level AI guys between us. I wonder how fast that friendly guy is going to die......then he walks past em without a second glace. We stop in the middle of the bridge, I feel both of us confused at this point. Then it dawns on me.........he's a Defiant. I didn't even know this was possible! He runs by me and starts to attack my Guardian AI brethren! So, being the Cleric that I am, I start dropping my heals. The Enemy was getting pissed "Slapping" me constantly. He was never able to kill a thing while I was there. After about 30 minutes of annoying him, I decide to let him do his thing (This is mixed because an enemy Defiant AI came and 1 shot me...).

All in all, I achieved NOTHING, but had a blast.

Hmm. So I played this for the first month but can't convince myself to renew. It's a really solid MMO and I hope it manages to keep some traction, but I was already sick of WoW when I started and this doesn't do quite enough to distinguish itself in the long run.

For anyone is using a rooted Android with Titanium Backup, the mobile authenticator won't survive the backup so your account will get locked.

Hmm. So I played this for the first month but can't convince myself to renew. It's a really solid MMO and I hope it manages to keep some traction, but I was already sick of WoW when I started and this doesn't do quite enough to distinguish itself in the long run.

WoW lately has been boring me to tears. After reading the latest review of Rift in Gameinformer mag, I'm still not convinced this is any better. If it were free to play maybe it be more fun but the only reason I'm still playing is because many of my real world friends still do and its still fun to play and chat/talk with them in game

Recently quit WoW due to it being incredibly boring all of a sudden. Come to think of it. It's been boring for quite a while now... Guild Wars 2 looks amazing. If i'm ever gonna play an MMORPG again it's gotta be GW2.

Recently quit WoW due to it being incredibly boring all of a sudden. Come to think of it. It's been boring for quite a while now... Guild Wars 2 looks amazing. If i'm ever gonna play an MMORPG again it's gotta be GW2.

Halflife2.net is going to kick some ass in that game.

Also, I'm still downloading the RIFT client for the free weekend thing.

I got my key here. Evo's link isn't loading for me right now, is it the same thing? The website doesn't mention free weekends at all.

Thanks to the three that have linked the trial, I have a bit of time ticking and maybe some group play will influence me to pay another month (that and some serious damage control from Trion). Right now, the game just seems stagnant as hell, and numbers are just plummeting.

Really sad to see players leave... I mean I really like the game, there's just not enough players. Wishing the LFG tool might bring back people now that 1.2 is out...

Back