Rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxtrot said:
Wow...so much ignornce in one post....my god...I did not know that was possible! I am pretty sure the game has rag doll...but it doesn't really matter anyways. They added new vehicles, but from the video you can see that they replaces the warthogs machine gun with a rocket launcher, the ghost now has the ability to boost, added the Battle Rifle, added SMG, needler now shoots A LOT faster, all plasma weapons shoot fasted, added the elite's sword, new maps that are very well designed, took away the health bar, ability to dual weild, ability to dual weild 2 different weapons, can't throw nades when dual weilding, can now have 16 players on xbox live with full XBL 3.0 support which includes insignias clans tags and in game tournaments. I know I forgot some stuff....the rocket launcher now can track enemy vehicles a little bit.

That reads a lot more like a change list for an update or patch than it does a list of features for a new game.

Yeah, just wait..
*1 Week after Halo 2 is Released*
*Halo Mod, that does all the changes that Halo 2 does pops out*

Seriously, Dual Wield, shooting faster, and 2 guns, 1 sword, and the rocket launcher could of all been added through patchs and the health bar.
Look at Cz with its patchs than without its patchs. They redid its graphics.... and everything...

Now a simple MOD could turn Halo into Halo 2 onsept maybe for the 16 players and Xbox Live with Full XBL 3.0.

It dosnt even have Ragdolls! Wait dosn't this mean the AI is EXACTLY the same? No mention about AI in here so therefor! HL2 Wins!

*The End*

Minerel said:
Yeah, just wait..

Seriously, Dual Wield, shooting faster, and 2 guns, 1 sword, and the rocket launcher could of all been added through patchs and the health bar.
Look at Cz with its patchs than without its patchs. They redid its graphics.... and everything...

Now a simple MOD could turn Halo into Halo 2 onsept maybe for the 16 players and Xbox Live with Full XBL 3.0.

It dosnt even have Ragdolls! Wait dosn't this mean the AI is EXACTLY the same? No mention about AI in here so therefor! HL2 Wins!

*The End*
The AI is as good as or better then HL2s.

Minerel said:
Yeah, just wait..

*The End*

Read DarkStar's post

Minerel said:
Yeah, just wait..

*The End*

urg...

first of all, hl2 dosnt win, games dont "win", it isnt even out yet.

i reckon bungie did a great job of doing realistic death animations in an original way, and plus, ragdolls do nothing to the gameplay at all (OMG OMG!1 NO RAGDOLLS1 IM NOT BYUING!1)

the AI was mentioned in this thread, just read it

Foxtrot said:
The AI is as good as or better then HL2s.

and how the hell do you know that? :|

man it's getting tiring to see all these comments like this about two games that aren't even done yet.

ACLeroK212 said:
and how the hell do you know that? :|

man it's getting tiring to see all these comments like this about two games that aren't even done yet.
Just the way they were decribed and what they do. You ally AI can find cover, and will use it, and they also work as a team. Say there is a group of 8 marines, 3 with BRs, 2 with smg, 1 with shotgun, 1 with a sniper rifle and 1 with a rocket launcher. They will work as a team, and know what weapons their teammates have and work around that, they will send the close range guys in while the long range guys cover, and the rocket launcher will look for enemy vehicles. But if there were no long range allies they would make do without them and just go in. I remember reading this example from somewhere too...marines enter a room and meet up with a bunch of covies, there is no cover so they kick over a table and use that as cover, but the next time you play that section they do somthing entirly different.

that's all fine and dandy, yet you still do not know how well the ai in the game actually works, so quit drawing conclusions based on reports and speculation.

there was a lot of good articles and things being said about doom3's ai as well. that is until it hit the shelves and people actually got to try it out.

ACLeroK212 said:
that's all fine and dandy, yet you still do not know how well the ai in the game actually works, so quit drawing conclusions based on reports and speculation.

there was a lot of good articles and things being said about doom3's ai as well. that is until it hit the shelves and people actually got to try it out.
That isn't speculation, it is what valve said the AI is programmed to know to do. I don't remember ID sayng anything good about their AI...infact didnt they say it wasnt a priority?

skater4evr5 said:
has anyone been to gametrailers.com and seen the new halo 2 gameplay?

WOW all they changed were some minor graphics and duel weapons.
about 3 new weapons and THATS it, they didnt even add a ragdoll effect. ROFL. It looks more like a add-on than a whole new 50 dollar game.

Bungie spent over 2 years on that .. WOw and this is when I give it all up to Valve for creating hl2. Nice :afro:

Please. I'm begging you. Do not post, ever again.
I could go on for days explaining how flamingly ignorant and absurd your post is, but I will save myself the effort.

Foxtrot said:
That isn't speculation, it is what valve said the AI is programmed to know to do. I don't remember ID sayng anything good about their AI...infact didnt they say it wasnt a priority?

jesus christ.

it doesn't matter what they "say". you shouldn't go around and make comparison's and statements about how good something is until it's actually done. you said halo2's ai was just as good if not better than hl2's. yet all you have to back that up is something you've read? neither game is finished so comparing even one of them to something else atm is speculation.

Foxtrot said:

ID software has never, ever claimed that their AI was ever good. They have improved it over the years, but it has never been remarkable.

I personally like the mindless run and gun fun that is known as Halo. Halo 2 will not be revolutionary, I predict it will be less revolutionary with Doom 3. Bungie isn't making a dramatic push anywhere in Halo 2. Maybe in terms of AI, but we will have to wait and see. It still looks like some decent fun if they can actually have weapon balance, new enemies, and non-repitive level design.

I'm still bitter about the original Halo. I remember reading an awesome cover story about it in Computer Gaming World and was really looking forward to it. Only to see it ripped away from its proper place - the PC.

/me shudders

It still looks sweet :)

I'll be happy with more of the same, too much of an overhaul and it won't be Halo anymore. If anything i'm worried that the extra features (duel weapons, more players etc) will screw up the balance.

I like the way Halo was designed for small skirmishes. Very few games cater for 2 v 2 and 4 v 4, especially on the pc. 32 player mayhem is fun for a while, but if you want something a little more tactical then small teams is the way (and why most clan matches are 6 v 6)

imo Halo (xbox) is still the only multiplayer game to combine decent fighting, cool vehicles, and some strategy. UT2004 is ok ...... but it's just too chaotic for my liking, the fighting still feels like a poor Q3 and the vehicles suck in comparison (light feeling, tiny models vehicles controled with a keyboard :/) BF1942 has the vehicles, but the fighting is rubbish.

At the end of the day, it's going to be co-op that rules. No matter how good HL2 turns out to be - I doubt it'll be as fun as Halo 1 or 2 in co-op.

ACLeroK212 said:
jesus christ.

it doesn't matter what they "say". you shouldn't go around and make comparison's and statements about how good something is until it's actually done. you said halo2's ai was just as good if not better than hl2's. yet all you have to back that up is something you've read? neither game is finished so comparing even one of them to something else atm is speculation.

So everything valve has ever told us is a lie, ok

Dalamari said:
So everything valve has ever told us is a lie, ok

1) I didn't say that at all.

2) I wasn't even freakin talking about valve.

All I'm saying is people need to quit making pointless comparisions on something that's not even finished yet.

skater4evr5 said:
I bet you people are going to spend there 50 bucks on halo 2 right when it comes out and then go

"WTF this game is halo 1 ..HOLY SHIT .. im taking this back mom."

I really think Bungie could of steped it up WAY more than they did.
The first HALO 2 movie looked GREAT, all the sudden we get gameplay footage and. ITs like WTF!! I swear it looks EXACTLY like halo, if you guys dont see that then your blind.

PS GO HL2 :p

I really hope you are a fake account someone made to be a trolling jackass, because you are about the most ignorant sack of shit I've seen on these forums. Quite an accomplishment.

And remind me again why every game has to be completely different to be considered worthwhile. Actually don't, just shut the **** up. You dumbass "HUR HUR IT'S NOT BRINGING ANYTHING NEW TO TABLE SO IT SUX" people need to die.

Man theirs too many topics on this. Please stop flaming eachother, they will both be good games and they will both be fun, now stop it!

That's true, but it gets annoying seeing these idiots that have the mindset that it's an "either or" deal when it comes to all the big-name FPS. Look at this retarded topic creator, saying shit like "GO HL2 :)" like it's a football game. It's just dumb.

actually I dont hate Halo or Halo 2 on any level at all. I used to have halo LANS at my buddies house for about a year straight I LOVED HALO!!

IT was a GREAT story, nice graphics, cool ass weapons, and HALO was the only reason I OWN a xbox today!!

The only reason I kinda look at halo 2 and say WTF.

Maybe its because im so used to halo, that it KINDA, and yes I said kinda, gets old after a year and a half of playing. I was really hyped for both games at the beggining of the year. LOVED hl2 and Halo 2 trailers. Then all the sudden we see gameplay footage and...well Halo 2 doesnt look GREAT, but it does look pretty good.
and HL2 looks like a whole new game.

I just kinda did'nt want to play halo 1 all over again thats all.
I'm mostly hyped for hl2 now. But halo WAS A GREAT GAME.

And i know that halo 2 will not have a crap loads of mods out, because all the modders are all used to HALF-LIFE.

Hmmm. you must be pritty stupid. You class Halo 2 as just an addon, but have you ever looked at hl2. They are about 2/3 new weapons and graphical updates. Halo2 is doing pritty much the same as Half-Life 2.

blahblahblah said:
ID software has never, ever claimed that their AI was ever good. They have improved it over the years, but it has never been remarkable.
You might have gotten away with that statement if I hadn't just seen old QuakeCon footage of two id Software employees praising Doom 3. One (I think it was Todd Hollinshead) said it had "amazing" AI. Oh yeah, walk forward and attack... AMAZING!

IchI said:
Hmmm. you must be pritty stupid. You class Halo 2 as just an addon, but have you ever looked at hl2. They are about 2/3 new weapons and graphical updates. Halo2 is doing pritty much the same as Half-Life 2.

That was a stupid thing to say.

Immortal said:
Man theirs too many topics on this. Please stop flaming eachother, they will both be good games and they will both be fun, now stop it!

Quoted for emphasis.

When Halo 2 goes on pc then ill start looking at it.

Raziel-Jcd said:
When Halo 2 goes on pc then ill start looking at it.
So you are never going to even touch it I guess then.

look at these two pics i pulled out of the video.

the right side of the pic is PROOF that there are MAYBE a couple of destructable areas. ITS nothing compared to red faction at all.

If you watch the whole video there are about 13 nades going off and nothing is destroyed. Just particles. I like the first pic. NICE wall action :naughty:

My friends took the piss out of me for buying an Xbox just to play Halo. A few years later, now that we've clocked 100's of hours worth of play time, they don't.

Recently I upgraded my pc for FarCry, Doom 3 and HL2 (being a shooter fan) The upgrade cost considerably more than an Xbox. So far Doom 3 and Far Cry have been a massive disappointment - providing little to no challenge and about 4 weeks worth of entertainment between them. If HL2 doesn't turn out to be amazingly fantastic this upgrade will prove to be a great big waste of cash.

Halo 2 is a safe bet - single player (especially co-op) is bound to be good fun and challenging, the multiplayer great - be it split screen, on a LAN or online. My Xbox will soon become even better value for money (if only I could say then same about my new pc :/)

Meh, halo for the Pc sucked big time, never played the console version but im guessing its around the same as the Pc one. Halo just doesnt look very intersting to me, but dont go by me cause i tend to be biased because im more of a PC fan. Doom3 to me wasnt a huge dissapointment but it did sort of lack in replay value. However game like Hl2 and Rome:total war look far better, and so far from what ive seen and heard, it doesnt look like they are going to dissapoint

i hate how you can now jump 25 feet in the air, thats retarded : /

Cut the flames or I'll step in :)

I like Halo (still play it to this day, co-op with the kid I babysit rocks), and I may well like Halo 2

I like Half-Life (just got off a round of frenzied Op4DM.. sweet), and I may well like Half Life 2

Can people just acept other's views :)

Halo sucks period..never played a more boring FPS..well maybe but i dont see waht all the fuzz is about..the enemies in Halo are so lame..little things that look like shits and laughs like midgets..and some big purple things..

/me digs up my old PC GAMERs and read articles about Halo from 99..it seemed cool then when it was intended for a PC release..then the evil empire bought the rights to it...

kungfucheez said:
Meh, halo for the Pc sucked big time, never played the console version but im guessing its around the same as the Pc one.

Halo is much, much better on the XBox - infact one of my favourite games.

I also got it on the pc (eager for some online action) but it felt very average in comparison. It's a console game - and needs analogue control, rumble, trigger buttons and a big tv.

Playing Halo on the Xbox is like seeing Star Wars at the cinema. Playing it on a pc is like watching Star Wars on the tiny tv your mum has in the kitchen.

Plus there's no co-op on the pc version :/ That's the best bit.

h00dlum said:
Halo sucks period..never played a more boring FPS..well maybe but i dont see waht all the fuzz is about..the enemies in Halo are so lame..little things that look like shits and laughs like midgets..and some big purple things..
If you oversimplify anything it can sound as stupid as that... even our beloved Half-Life 2. :O

Honestly, I like the aliens in Halo. What about them pisses you off so much?

Anyway, just because you're biased against their interpretation of the appearance of an alien race Halo automatically sucks? I mean, I didn't like the cel-shaded look of the last Zelda game, but it was still a great game. The same thing happened with Super Monkey Ball, Mario Tennis, Pikmin, etc. If you judge a game by looks alone you'll miss some of the best ones.

Warbie said:
Halo is much, much better on the XBox - infact one of my favourite games.

I also got it on the pc (eager for some online action) but it felt very average in comparison. It's a console game - and needs analogue control, rumble, trigger buttons and a big tv.

Playing Halo on the Xbox is like seeing Star Wars at the cinema. Playing it on a pc is like watching Star Wars on the tiny tv your mum has in the kitchen.

Plus there's no co-op on the pc version :/ That's the best bit.

Couldn't disagree more. Aside from the lack of co-op, Halo PC is everything the XBox was, but much better. I just don't get how people can say the opposite, unless their system isn't strong enough to run it. It looks better, controls better, has custom maps, the non-bootleg multiplayer. I just don't get it.

Soundwave said:
Couldn't disagree more. Aside from the lack of co-op, Halo PC is everything the XBox was, but much better. I just don't get how people can say the opposite, unless their system isn't strong enough to run it. It looks better, controls better, has custom maps, the non-bootleg multiplayer. I just don't get it.

Halo on the pc just felt tiny, less grandiose.

I greatly missed analogue control for walking/running and driving the vehicles (a keyboard can't really compete). Without rumble and trigger buttons the weapons were far less satisfying to use - puny in comparison. It isn't a twitch game and as such doesn't require a mouse to aim (assuming you're half decent with a joypad) Infact a mouse made the game far too easy, even on legendary - completely borking the balance that makes it so challenging in the first place (sometims it's good to make aiming hard in a game)

I like to play Halo sitting infront of a big TV with surround sound. The bad guys and locations look massive. When I squeeze the trigger buttons the resulting noise shakes the room and the joypad rumbles like a drill :) It's such a tactile and visceral experience. It feels so much more like firing a real weapon than when using a mouse.

Add a mate to play co-op with and it's as good as gaming gets imo.

My pc is more than capable to run Halo - but even on a 22" monitor the experience can't compare.

OCybrManO said:
If you oversimplify anything it can sound as stupid as that... even our beloved Half-Life 2. :O

Honestly, I like the aliens in Halo. What about them pisses you off so much?

Anyway, just because you're biased against their interpretation of the appearance of an alien race Halo automatically sucks? I mean, I didn't like the cel-shaded look of the last Zelda game, but it was still a great game. The same thing happened with Super Monkey Ball, Mario Tennis, Pikmin, etc. If you judge a game by looks alone you'll miss some of the best ones.

im not saying its just the enemies..i just dont see wahts so special about Halo ive seen it all before..i dont like the enviorments..they are sterile and boring, even the outdoor areas are sterile...and this is the enemy i was talking about..i hate it so much, what the hell were they thinking when they designed it?!?! The game would be better with some more serious and scary enemies...

http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/IMG/enemies_grunt.jpg

Let me end this post with a old swedish saying..The taste is like the butt, splitted... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back