Rolling grenades?

KingPing_NOR

Reaction score
I dont know if this would be all that useful. But i think they should include it. I mean, you dont use sec fiering button with greandes anyway. And you could use it when a enemy is very close to you(instead of having to look down and throw, which cousts time(not much though)).

I read that they included this for when the player is crouched in HL2... so purhaps it will go through to CS:S as well?! :)

Advantages of rolling a 'nade are that the enemy might not see it + avoid it.

but with the source engine this could be a bit dangerous...imagine the nade rolls back ^^

Sauerkraut said:
but with the source engine this could be a bit dangerous...imagine the nade rolls back ^^

lol, I expect TK's to go up %100 with the release of CS:S :p

It's in HL2 so why not put in in CS:S as well? Could be useful.

Hm.. I wonder if you will be able to detonate a HE/flash in the air by shooting it, being that it's a physically simulated object. If anything, shoot it to deflect it. That'd be such a nice touch.

Hmm. I want to see if grenades in CS: S are flame damage (like regular CS) or blast damage (like Half-Life 2). Burn/flame damage obveously is a lot less realistic, dealing much less damage then a real grenade (also doesn't give any recoil if your in close proximity of the explosion), but these style grenades are balanced with the very close-quarters, coridoor style of Counter-Strike.

If grenades suddenly gave blast damage (as seen in the Half-Life 2 barricade demo - 1 grenade sent a combine flying) then they would unbalance CS: Source.

well, there are incendatory (damn spelling) grenades, AMN 14 i think is the grenade in soldier of fortune. They hurt. They go up to like 6000 Farenheit or something crazy like that. "much less damage than a real grenade"? I think not

Well, in CS they do throw you around if the blast kills you. That's one thing that bothers me in CS. If the grenades can toss your corpse really far why can't they even budge a living person? If the player has even 1hp he doesn't move at all. If it would at least push them a few feet it would be OK, but I would love to see people get thrown by the blast (if they are close enough), temporarily ragdoll, and get back up from it (as in Spider-Man 2 and Psi-Ops... but better). It would add a new dimension to the gameplay. I'm sure, as with every other change, lots of people would bitch about it... maybe the grenade blast force's effect on humans could be tweakable (with a floating point number that the force gets multiplied by before it determines whether or not to push/throw the player and, if so, how far) by the server admins. Then, servers could have no movement, a little nudge, a short toss, or a throw hard enough to make you splatter against the wall.

Synthos said:
well, there are incendatory (damn spelling) grenades, AMN 14 i think is the grenade in soldier of fortune. They hurt. They go up to like 6000 Farenheit or something crazy like that. "much less damage than a real grenade"? I think not

I was refering to how they are poytrayed in Counter-Strike.

Back