Rollover!

Iron_cube

Reaction score
gptrackmania0005ix1.jpg

I absolutely love how they even bothered making this special animation, considering how the car is virtually impossible to flip over with convetional methods.

Wouldn't grav gun work the same way it did with the dune buggy? Or is it too weak to make our car roll over?

Wouldn't grav gun work the same way it did with the dune buggy? Or is it too weak to make our car roll over?

It works the same way as far as i know. On another note, here's something fun:

hl22007-10-1023-06-53-42.jpg

The car has properties which prevents it from flipping over.

Which is the point of this thread. I did it anyway :cheese:

Somehow, I got catapulted like 200 feet into the air, then died. Lol, I think a strider stepped on my car or something...

ahh, reminds me of when I managed to flip the airboat in hl2.

I very nearly flipped it trying to go down a mountain (I figured out later that you were supposed to jump it off a ramp into some boxes).

I'm sure Alyx will, after surviving war, space-time ripping explosions and dark energy flares, appreciate being crushed to a tree by Freeman's wreckless driving...

I very nearly flipped it trying to go down a mountain (I figured out later that you were supposed to jump it off a ramp into some boxes).

Same here, I missed the ramp and just sort of fell off the mountain

Thirded on the "just drove down mountain." Driving off the ramp just seemed even more insane.

Well, the funny thing is that in the commentary they said they blocked the Road by purpose, to enforce the Player to make the Jump, as this is an Action FPS.

Most Playtesters apparently preferred to take the Road, so they put the Stones in there. And still, People like to drive off the Mountain instead of jumping down, hehe.

Heh, my first play through the area I tried to drive down the mountain. I didn't even notice the map.

In my first play through I kinda stopped just before the ramp, then fell down the mountain flipping over and hitting everything..

Back