rp_evening_of_the_deceased

DaMaN

Reaction score
Greetings everybody! What time of the year is it? That's right! It's Halloween! So, i've busted my ass to bring you:

rp_evening_of_the_deceased

Here's the readme file:

| ~=Deceased =~ | but the spaces kinda screwed up...)
| |
| |
| A Role-Play map |
| |
| ...with Zombies. |
__|________________|__
| |\ /| |
/\/\^/\^/\^^/\/\^/\^/\/\^/\

====================================

Map by: DaMaN
Email: [email protected]

Playtesting: DaMaN and random people off of Valve's Servers
Prefabs used:
Source SDK Prefabricated Buildings
by: ts2do
Civilian Vehicles
by: DaMaN
Inspiration Sources: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and Rickler
Compiled by MeDiEvAl-CoW's computer, because mine overheats and crashes.

=====================
Installation and run instructions:
=====================
1. Unzip this archive and place rp_evening_of_the_deceased_01.bsp into your maps folder:
For example:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YourSteamUserID\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\
2. Launch Half-life 2 Deathmatch.
3. Create a new server or join an existing server of the map rp_evening_of_the_deceased_01.bsp
4. Kill Zombies.

=========
Background:
=========
A classic zombie-style map, based off such movies as "Dawn of the Dead", "Shaun of the Dead", and other zombie thrillers.

The game takes place in a series of abandoned city blocks; a sprawling urban area. Shops and stores are deserted, buildings are burning,
people are dying. It's a living hell.

You are a survivor or group of survivors who must band together to survive the onslaught of undead. Your friends have become
brain-eating zombies before your eyes, your enemies have tried to hunt you down, and the world is in chaos. Now you must survive.
Utilize whatever means neccecary. It's Life or Undead out there.

=============
Game Information:
=============
The game is based around a series of city blocks, with numerous buildings and houses, whose doors and windows can be
quickly improvised into defences. There are also many secret areas, which may prove difficult to get to.A few weapons
are scattered about, but ammo is scarce; make every bullet count.

Both teamplay and deathmatch modes are supported, though teamplay is reccommended for obvoius reasons.

The zombies will spawn at certain points in the city, and will seek out and destroy anything living that they can find. For
performance and gameplay reasons, only the fast zombie was included.

The goal of the game is to last for 30 minutes. At the end of that time you will recieve a congradulatory message and the
server will automatically restart the map. If you can manage to make it through the entire 30 minutes without dying once
(or cheating), email a demo of it to me and I will email you back an official "1337 Zombie Killer" picture you can put as
a background and one you can use as a forum signature. (My email is: [email protected])

If you do not wish this to happen, (IE, you want to keep playing forever) enter the following into the server console:
sv_cheats 1
ent_fire serverme kill
And if neccecary (if no zombies are spawning):
ent_fire zombie_zone_1 enable
ent_fire zombie_zone_2 enable
ent_fire zombie_zone_3 enable
ent_fire zombie_zone_4 enable

All of the weapons avaliable in deathmatch should be included in the map, but most are very carefully hidden.
Look around, explore, and try not to get eaten by zombies.

===========
Errors and Bugs:
===========
There are most likely more bugs than those listed below; the map has been thrown together on short notice with duct-tape, so
don't expect utter perfection. If you find an error not listed here please email me at [email protected].
- For some compiler reason, no player will be able to pick up any ammo until an item_item_crate is found and broken open. (Don't ask)
- Sometimes the fast-headcrabs spawning off a dead fast zombie will not do any damage. This is because the AI has been manually wired
into the map, (as deathmatch AI is normally unsupported by Valve), which causes problems like these to arise.
- A few of the 'secret' areas are inaccessible by zombies. Again, no love from the AI. Please don't exploit them too much.;)

Enjoy, and have fun killing zombies!!
-DaMaN

To download, click on the attachment below:

http://www.role-play.us/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=6794

-DaMaN

Screenshots:

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010001.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010002.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010003.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010004.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010005.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010006.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010007.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010010.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010011.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010012.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010013.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010014.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010015.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010017.jpg

rp_evening_of_the_deceased_010018.jpg

:flame: Happy Halloween!!:flame:

-DaMaN

Oh my GOD!

Iv been waiting for a MP survival map!!!

D/l-ing now!

Cheers!

Does this map support more that 2 players?

keeps crashing to the desktop, shortly after someone joins me!!!

:flame: 2 players, keeps crashing....low pings....still crashes:flame:

Its ok for about five minutes but then guess what.... it crashes.

Anyone else had these prob's yet?

Can't say I've tried it with more than me Sparks. hmmm...

dekstar said:
Can't say I've tried it with more than me Sparks. hmmm...

Well it is for DM, like it said.
Host a game and see how it goes.

Arl try an join you if you want?

Sorry about the high latency on the map, but in order to run the AI manually, (because of Valve :( ), a lot of commands have to be executed by the server. I appologize for the inconvenience, and hopefully i'll be able to fix it at some point!

You could try hosting it on a dedicated server, perhaps that would work better.

-DaMaN

Don't take offencivly:

Well actually, i don't think its a connection problem.

Sometimes me and some other dude could only pick up ammo after moving it about a bit with the grav gun
(or even works with a few gentle stab's of the use key), it was around tho's time's it crashed.

As for the A.I, only prob. so far was a couple of floating howlers, 2 on one side of the map and 2 on the other side.

While I'm in criticize mode.
1. Enclosure, as if that part of the city is cordoned off. i.e end of the roads, park.
2. spawn points on the roof of buildings. so you don't see them spawn.
3. Ice cream van.

Other wise, GOOD JOB:thumbs:

That last one was a joke

Happy Hallow****ingween! This maps fun and I haven't had any problems yet. Wonder why?

any servers up for this map I'd like to give it a try with more than one person

UPDATE: The map works better with Gmod9. End of update.

Yeah, bit buggy still, but NO crashes and the ammo glitch has halved its anoyancy.

/no doubt this thread will get moved now....

Back