S52-M Jet

Firegold

Reaction score
scramjet.jpg

The design looks too square but it's a great model.
Maybe bump-map those fans on the wing would be a good idea ?

Personally, I don't think it looks too square, but it does look a bit... flat.

What's the level of bumpmapping on it?

i modeled it in 3dmax and it was skinned in PS i guess

and yes it does look a little square, but it's a hover/jet type thing

pc is stated on the picture (664)

ps. there is no bumpmapping it's a 100% illuminated texture i guess

hmmm.... it looks good. but tbh it could look so much better. You could proberly use that mdoel as the middle LOD. Then make a higher one for close range.

Thats the thing with ghost ops though, all the models look alright, but they are very low polgon. With the LOD system u don't have to worry about polgon limits that much, even on low end machines. Having a 3000 triangle ship that goes down to 1500 then maybe about 300 would be fine and look better and run just as smooth.

what's the matter with you peeps? getting too spoiled with HL2 are we?
look at the textures and look at the polies...it's an insanely nice texture job... i thought it was about 2000 polies, when i saw it the first time...amazing :)

I dont know why people are saying it looks to flat......

...i could see modeiling in the fans and missle luancers...but other than that it looks great.

yeah, it looks sweet and for such a low pc. only thing is, by the looks of it, you've rendered it as one colour for the background, then decided you dont like it and tried to change it in PS. you really shouldnt do that, cause then you get the little black ( original colour ) dots around the edge, where the fill hasnt got a high enough threshold, and it leaves the edges all sharp.

anyways, great model, and we havnt seen you in these parts for a while Firegold.

í don't model that much anymore, so that might be the reason

btw i didn't make the render, lonewolf did (i would've fixed it =P)

jetland.jpg

they're coming for my ass...

i'm also working on getting some more detail on the model

Back