Saxxy Awards: Valve wants your help

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
To celebrate the new replay editting feature in TF2 Valve decided to hold a contest for the best video in 20 categories and the TF2 community has kindly burried them in shitty videos, videos that do not fit into the correct category, videos with copyrighted content and plain old spam.

So to help eliminate the chaff for them to judge properly they've created a voting system were you're shown two randomly selected videos at a time and you can vote for the better one or flag spam or breaking the rules.

I think it's worth doing. There's plenty of shit but I've seen some pretty damn fine ones too (unfortunately at the time I didn't think to save the links before I clicked vote). So go to www.tf2.com and vote and then link back to your favourites in this thread. Do eet.

Edit: My favourite from the revenge category so far:

On my way...

edit - if you want to win my vote, do not add any more of a title than explains what will happen, and no credits. Watching 3 minutes of video to get to a 15 second clip of the action costs points.

Also, some of these are just lucky shots, but there is some real skill shown in some of these. If neither of the videos is worthy (not just inappropriate), what should I do? I've just been going to a different category. Should I still pick the best of the two?

I watched a couple and they were all terrible so I stopped.

@Adabiviak, if it's three minutes long just flag it straight away. They're only supposed to be about a minute long by the rules.

If both are crap I generally just change category and refresh without voting for either. Usually I find the crappy ones don't even fit into the category they're in so I just flag them anyway.

I really just can't emphasize enough how stupid this shit is. Enough, Valve.

"fred playing black ops", what?

Mmmm... you're so saxxy you make me feel saxxy.

I don't give a crap which videos win I just want my dang meet the medic.

Valve have clarified the rules in a blog post. What is currently happening is that we're basically here to flag and longlist videos. They received tens of thousands of the damn things and couldn't sort them all out. They are removing videos people are flagging. This ends on Thursday. Then Valve will pick a shortlist from the remaining entries.

They'll post the shortlist for each category and everyone will get one vote for each category to decide the winners.

Awards ceremony at 10pm (GMT) tomorrow night. About two hours long.

Back