scary movies..

AKIRA

Tank
Reaction score
What are some creepy/eerie/scary movies?

Something a long the lines of The Shining..eerie and creepy you know?

THANKS.

Saw the exorcist..that was messed...I'll watch The Omen and IT...keep em coming if you have more! :)

Thanks for the posts so far.

I assume you are looking for something more along the lines of psychological horror flims than the usual slasher crap.

Jacob's Ladder
The Sixth Sense
Secret Window
Rosemary's Baby
Angel Heart
Videodrome
The Dead Zone (the movie not the shitty series)

Most Stephen King adapted movies are pretty good.

Night of the Living Dead
The Burning
The Birds
Anything by Dario Argento, or John Carpenter

I keep telling you guys, IT was a comedy. It's funny! Like Wishmaster, or Nightmare on Elm Street.

You want a scary movie, watch Xtro.

creepyxtro.gif

I keep telling you guys, IT was a comedy. It's funny! Like Wishmaster, or Nightmare on Elm Street.

creepyxtro.gif
I won't lie - that three second clip gave me shivers. What is that?

edit - youtube to the rescue. That scene seems pretty creepy without any context, but the movie appears a little campy.

The first 2 Elm street wasn't supposed to be funny. Wishmaster however, is hilarious.

Ju-on: The Grudge(no not the American remake)
Session 9(creepiest movie I've ever seen)
April Fools(best ending to any horror movie ever)
Sleepaway Camp(same thing)
Hellraiser 1 & 2(just plain disturbing)
Poltergeist(despite being a kids movie it's pretty creepy)

Videodrome

One of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. First time I watched it I was thinking, "what the hell did I just watch!?". It's definitely disturbing/disgusting, but horror? Not in my book.

Night of the Living Dead
The Birds

*Implying that The birds is horror*

Alfred Hitchcock will rise from the grave and kill you in your sleep.

creepyxtro.gif

I agree IT, and Nightmare on Elm Street are anything but scary.

Aso fot he gif, if I was driving that car I would probably aim for it! :LOL:
Might check it out.

The Hills have Eyes (remake)
Wolf Creek
Shrooms (lol)
And I don't care what anyone says....

The Blair Witch Project!

The Hills have Eyes (remake)
Wolf Creek
Shrooms (lol)
And I don't care what anyone says....

The Blair Witch Project!

My aunt thought Blair Witch was stupid, but I'll admit I thought it was pretty scary. Maybe I just have a fear of being in the woods, but I actually felt genuinely relieved whenever they switched from nighttime to daytime scenes. However, that movie was also incredibly frustrating (like most scary movies, everyone acts stupid -- that one guy throwing the map away was incredibly stupid, and the girl got annoying really fast), and at times really funny. I couldn't stop laughing when

they're following the river and they had crossed over a fallen log earlier, and the dudes are like "It's the same log!" and the girl is saying, "No, it can't be the same log! It's not the same log... Oh no, it IS the same log!! NOOOOOOOOO!"

The most scary movies I've seen was Silent Hill,Jacob's Ladder,SAW,and Paranormal Activity.

I just watched Alien last weekend and Aliens this weekend.

They suck. So predictable and boring, I jumped ONCE through the entirety of both.

Alien was scary back in the day but it has a great atmosphere and I love the set pieces and Aliens is just a a really awesome action movie at heart.

They suck. So predictable and boring, I jumped ONCE through the entirety of both.

You son of a bitch I will kill you mother****er

Because being startled = scary movie right?

It was rated PG so I consider that to be in kids movie territory.
Even though it was directed by Tobe Hooper.

Also, nearly everyone involved with the movie has died... another one of those movie curses.

Horror movie != kids movie. Just because there were no gratuitous tits or gore like most of the genre doesn't mean it's aimed at children.

I saw the hills have eyes...ugh I can't express how much I HATE movies like that. I can't stand pointless blood and gore especially if it's with mutants or zombies.

Zombies suck and are never scary. Zombies should only be used in video games as a filler so the player has something to shoot at in between actual battles. Same with mutants. Never should they be the focus of a scary movie. It's been done to death and so boring.

I'm going to watch wolf creek tonight...is it anything like Hills Have Eyes? I hope not.

Good suggestions so far however, keep em coming.

I'm going to watch wolf creek tonight...is it anything like Hills Have Eyes? I hope not.

I suggested Hills have Eyes because I found it a bit creepy in its atmosphere. And I remember thinking during the rape scene 'Why am I watching this?'.

Wolf Creek is one of those 'based on actual events' movies about a killer in the outback. I find the 'miles from anywhere, no where to go' type horrors to be especially creepy for me.

Have you seen The Hitcher? The original version(havent seen the remake) is a classic.

The Crazies remake, it just came out and apparently it's pretty damn good.

^^ Haven't seen either, will definitely watch them.

Wolf Creek was actually pretty good.

Even though there is a lot of gore and violence in Hostel 2..that was a pretty good damn movie. I heard(back when the first Hostel movie came out) that things like that actually happen in real life.

Although I'm highly skeptical that things like that exists..you never know, there are some really ****ed up people out there and the fact that money can essentially "buy out" cops so that they turn corrupt is a really scary thought. One of those "you can't trust anyone" situations.

Back