scaryest chapter

can there be anything scarier than Ravenholm?

Am I the only one that found Ravenholm not scary? Everybody is talking about the o so scary Ravenholm, but it didn't scare me a bit.
Playing with lights out and at night I thought I'd get a good spankin' scare, but was dissapointed. :{
Grigorii was great though, and at least I have a shotgun now(alltime favourite!!).

Forau said:
Am I the only one that found Ravenholm not scary? Everybody is talking about the o so scary Ravenholm, but it didn't scare me a bit.
Playing with lights out and at night I thought I'd get a good spankin' scare, but was dissapointed. :{
Grigorii was great though, and at least I have a shotgun now(alltime favourite!!).

damn u a tough mofo :p

bloody "clangty-clang" up the pipes and leaping into ur face zombies made me go wee-wee down my leg :(

There was this part where a zombie was hiding under a cardboard box and popped out. That scared the shit outt me!

Forau said:

I'm not saying it pissed my pants, but out of all chapter that one was the scariest...

I almost shat myself at one part, I believe in Anti-Citizen, where that fast zombie jumps up out of the whole in the floor right in your face and he's on fire. Hideous.

I just played through Ravenholm last night. I thought it was great, the scares are definitely done better than Doom 3's.

Those rattling pipes...although there's nothing better than standing at the top of the pipe, finger ready to press down on right-mouse when the fast zombie gets to you. Satisfying beyond belief, especially when they thud on the floor below.

There was a great bit when I was waiting for that painfully slow lift to arrive. Two fast zombies head for you, so I blocked the door with boxes and explosive cannisters, thinking I'd blow them up. Sadly, I didn't account for the AI, and they ignored the blocked door and smashed through the glass roofing over my head and ripped me a new @$$hole.

Can't we get rid of these AWFUL sponsored links. They SUCK.

czrsink said:
Can't we get rid of these AWFUL sponsored links. They SUCK.
I agree...i hate them. The same thing happened to me with the fast zombies...smashed the glass and died a horrible death :( I left the canisters under the window the second time and shotties them...then got chased around by a flaming zombie :( Then i screamed like a girl :E

Just edit your post and make a spelling mistake, thats what i do.

Nah.. ravenholm wasn't really scary.. all the time you just knew that something would try to scare you, so it didn't. I get scared when I don't know that it's coming.

for me the scariest part was in nova prospekt(spelled right?),towards the end of that lvl you enter into a big laundry room with the antlions and a fight breaks out between the combine and the antlions,immediately when entering the room i saw 2 gaps in the walls on the right side.i helped killed some of the combine and went down this lil gap,it brings you to a smaller laundry room thats almost completely dark,i scanned around with my flashlight seeing a smaller room that had blood everyway,i was wary when going over but i just had to go in,i walked in and turned to my left and right in front of me was a poison zombie who immediately threw a hc at me,fukin scared the shit of me!

The one tunnel in coast that is filled with zombies and destroyed cars, don't know which map.

LOL yeah jimbo118 that happened to me also.
ravenholm wasnt that scary but very tense one of the great parts in the game

jimbo118 said:
for me the scariest part was in nova prospekt(spelled right?),towards the end of that lvl you enter into a big laundry room with the antlions and a fight breaks out between the combine and the antlions,immediately when entering the room i saw 2 gaps in the walls on the right side.i helped killed some of the combine and went down this lil gap,it brings you to a smaller laundry room thats almost completely dark,i scanned around with my flashlight seeing a smaller room that had blood everyway,i was wary when going over but i just had to go in,i walked in and turned to my left and right in front of me was a poison zombie who immediately threw a hc at me,fukin scared the shit of me!

Oh god that scared the living crap out of me, poison zombies are the worst ;(

Ravenholme definitely had that whole spooky angle going for it. Out of the entire game it's the most scary level. Though Nova Prospekt has it's moments particularly the part Jimbo mentioned there.

oh yeah, i agree with jimbo too

that was damn scary too, completely unexpected

definitally revenholm
there was this one part with a ladder adn you go up it then open a door and this fast zombie comes to you. if you go back in and close the door, the zombie will go down and around and get you by getting into the house via door on first story then go up the ladder. i reloaded, got manipulator, threw everything down there boxes, heaters, bookcases, ext. opened the door see it runnig at me, come back close door, then jsut stare at him downstairs just running around trying to get up.

The first part of Ravenholm scared me (the one with the screaming torso on top of the saw blades) but after that i was all smiles 'cause of the stuff I threw around with the Gravity Gun.

One part where I panicked was that huge town area with the building under construction. I was luring a bunch of zombies to the chopping machine, and when I switched it on, THE FRIGGIN' BLADES FELL OFF!! They got a few hits in before I thought of throwing the blades with the Gravity Gun.

The scariest part was the first time you teleport, and you land in front of the icthyosaur (or however you spell it), but that's just because of my fear of sharks, and shark-like creatures. Other than that, it wasn't a scary game.

I would have to say Ravenholm, until you get the shotty, then its just a zombie fragfest.

That goddamn fish scared the crap outta me as well. I had to debate whether or not there would be another one soon before jumping into the canals later on. But yeah Ravenholm, when it finsihed loading and you hear the howls and see one dancing on a roof framed by the moon and then one charges you...i backed into a corner and just had my mouth open for 30 seconds.

Forau said:

I'm with you there. The only thing that made me anxious was the horde of fast zombies.
Although, during the bit where you wait for the lift and two fast zombies come at you, most people close the door and get pwned from the sky. I left the door open and blasted them one at a time. :sniper:

The scariest part for me was in Point Insertion when the Combine start chasing you, and you can hear them rumbling up the steps :(

Ravenholm wasn't scary for me though. I agree with Father Gregori. We must release their souls!

Forau said:

I agree, I thought it was exciting, really atmospheric and sometimes startling, but not that scary. Want scary, check out the F.E.A.R. E3 demo...that scared the crap out of me and I've never been scared of a game when I'm not playing (watching friends play suspenful/scary games is always fine for me).

I thought the opening chapter, the rooftop chase, was far scarier. The stairs collapsing scared the poop out of me- absolutely priceless.

Quelaar

great_curry said:
which chapter did u guys think ws the scaryest?

Oh common, I really didn't find any of this stuff scary, just fun.
My favourite part was ravenholm and if I would have thought it
was scary that would have been it but I didn't. And in doom 3
I can't believe alot of people found that scary, it was a major
drag! But the zombies were great though.

I'm surpirsed no-one has mentioned that one house with a poison zombie in the attic. It's on the coast chapters where u r wit your buggy. Luckily i read something about it and after i killed the combine i was wondering if i should go up there but as soon as i got to the door and heard it i thought F this and left lol. A scene that startled me was after the rebellion when u go into this long tunnel and then all of a sudden a strider chases u, i thought OH CRAP especially as i had no rockets left lol. But overall i'd have to say that Ravenholm was the most scary and i jumped a few times.

Heppyruk said:
I'm surpirsed no-one has mentioned that one house with a poison zombie in the attic. It's on the coast chapters where u r wit your buggy. Luckily i read something about it and after i killed the combine i was wondering if i should go up there but as soon as i got to the door and heard it i thought F this and left lol. A scene that startled me was after the rebellion when u go into this long tunnel and then all of a sudden a strider chases u, i thought OH CRAP especially as i had no rockets left lol. But overall i'd have to say that Ravenholm was the most scary and i jumped a few times.

Hmm. I don't quite get the fear of Poison Zombies. I find them quite easy to handle as long as you don't let them attack you.

Dr. A said:
damn u a tough mofo :p

bloody "clangty-clang" up the pipes and leaping into ur face zombies made me go wee-wee down my leg :(

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Made my day!

I nearly soiled myself playing Ravenholm at 2am with my headphones cranked up

Running around in City 17 and walkin around a corner where a speedyzombie jumps at you scared me a bit. Thats it.

It might be the one mrxskinny mentioned.

Heppyruk said:

Dammit I wanted to be the first to mention this. It was the first time I'd used the physics to full advantage. I noticed the stairs were out and thought - damn I can't get up there. Then I remembered the Gravgun and propped up a table as a makeshift ladder. Feeling awful smug with myself I started collecting all the goodies the Developers had obviously put there for one as intelligent as I. The process went:

Heard Noise - Span Round - Shat Pants - let off a clip of practically ineffective SMG - Shat Pants again! - opened up with the Shottie!

That was one of the scariest parts for me. Ravenholm just creeped me out entirely (yeah - I'm a big wuss) especially the Fast Zombies. When you see them leaping in the distance or hear them clanking up the pipes!

I like the chase in Point Insertion - really got my blood pumping! I did exactly as I reckon the Devs wanted me to at the end bit. Walked down the stairs, went to first door "Augh, Wrong Way!", went to other door "Augh, wrong way too", went to get back up the stairs "Nooo, they've collapsed!" - Bonk, Zapp, Urgh.

Heppyruk said:
I entered the upper floor, took a look around. Nothing to see. Than I turn around to go back, and there it stood. That was more scarier than all Ravenholm.

Back