Schwarzenegger Gives California Legislature A Hidden Finger

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
o the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.

For some time now I have lamented the fact that major issues are overlooked while many
unnecessary bills come to me for consideration. Water reform, prison reform, and health
care are major issues my Administration has brought to the table, but the Legislature just
kicks the can down the alley.

Yet another legislative year has come and gone without the major reforms Californians
overwhelmingly deserve. In light of this, and after careful consideration, I believe it is
unnecessary to sign this measure at this time.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

that's hilarious

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/28/schwarzenegger-gives-california-legislature-a-hidden-finger/

We should get more celebrities in political offices.

Man, Schwarzenegger really is a good guy. He's so freaking smart too. Just look at the legacy he made for himself through business-savvy and raw talent.

That kicks ass. I got that 'action flick kick ass one liner' feeling when I saw this.

Maybe now that he's seen that the world of politics sucks, he'll go back to making movies.

My father is sophisticated, dependable, and rich.

Oh, God damn it.

I think you're missing the joke. Either way, this is probably true, since my dad is turning 70 next month.

Arnie for president of Europe. What a legend. I hope he ruins the world then gives us all the finger.

OK, it was very clear that you weren't serious, however, I wonder if you can fathom the repercussions of a Dad battle.

My father puts people to sleep then cuts them open and adds and removes things.

You all are an ultra liberal bunch but you'll hail a Republican governor just because he was Terminator lol.

You all are an ultra liberal bunch but you'll hail a Republican governor just because he was Terminator lol.

Yea... I kinda found this interesting... and funny as well. lol!

It's not that we're a liberal bunch, it's that we're rational thinkers. So unlike you guys we don't see the world in terms of republican = bad, democrat = good.

So when a governor is able to write "**** you" to a legislator in such a brilliant way most of us won't look at that through left or right glasses. I know that's a hard concept for you guys to understand, hopefully one day you'll figure it out.

It's not that we're a liberal bunch, it's that we're rational thinkers. So unlike you guys we don't see the world in terms of republican = bad, democrat = good.

So when a governor is able to write "**** you" to a legislator in such a brilliant way most of us won't look at that through left or right glasses. I know that's a hard concept for you guys to understand, hopefully one day you'll figure it out.

A bunch of people proposed him as President and I'm sure if most of the people here could vote for him for some form of public office if he were on the ballot. I'm not trying to start a flame war I was just trying to point out a funny, true fact.

If he was a liberal governor then I'm sure many conservative people would vote for him anyway because he's a famous actor as well.

And No Limit- you may be a rational thinker but many here are not. I've noticed that many times it comes down to just having to agree to disagree with you but at least you try to connect logical points and think in terms of the real world rather than an ideal one.

A bunch of people proposed him as President and I'm sure if most of the people here could vote for him for some form of public office if he were on the ballot. I'm not trying to start a flame war I was just trying to point out a funny, true fact.

If he was a liberal governor then I'm sure many conservative people would vote for him anyway because he's a famous actor as well.

And No Limit- you may be a rational thinker but many here are not. I've noticed that many times it comes down to just having to agree to disagree with you but at least you try to connect logical points and think in terms of the real world rather than an ideal one.

Do you know what sarcasm is?

Do you know what sarcasm is?

I don't get how there's sarcasm in his post. He's being serious and making a valid point but I honestly wasn't trying to post from a "right vs left" pov I just thought it's funny how people will go nuts over a celebrity (period- politics or not)

Politics has never been about Red vs. Blue for me. Every politician, regardless of their political party, should be judged on their own. I can't possibly know what every politician in America is up to, but governor Schwarzenegger seems to be doing a lot of good. Seems to be a pretty good governor. Off topic, do you not think so?

I don't think anyone would disagree with you that the familiarity people have with him due to being a celebrity definitely helps him.

EDIT: However, he could have just as easily been an unpopular celebrity. The Dixie Chicks come to mind.

I would support anyone regardless of political affiliation with the guts to flip off the legislature. :p

I wish that more politicians would be like Schwarzenegger; to the point, and not bound by political pragmatism which seems to think that you have to disagree with whatever the opposition says.

Rofl. :p

yeah he's a cool guy I shook hands with last year at a state Ceremony.

Most people here would support intelligent things said by any one regardless of political affiliation. We just make fun on republicans a lot because they have a very loud, very stupid bunch of people who yell stupid things. I think Rakurai was just expecting us to hate on Schwarzenegger because he a republican, because Rakurai thinks we're just like that loud stupid republican mob who does shit like that.

You're silly Rakurai.

Krynn, you know it's a perfectly reasonable expectation. Or at least from certain members.

Am I the only one who wants to see politician deathmatch - Schwarzenegger vs Putin?

But this is sufficiently amusing to keep me entertained for the time being.

I don't think anyone that suggested he should be president was being serious, it was sarcasm which I think Ace was pointing to.

And my only point is that many of your resident hl2.net liberals don't look at the world through a republican vs democrat lens. While so many resident halflife2.net "conservatives" do.

Agreed. Pirates are are basically sea hobos. They are a load of scruffy bums with diseases.

But are we talking about modern pirates or old school pirates? Old school pirates are still pretty damn cool, do ninjas even drink?

But are we talking about modern pirates or old school pirates? Old school pirates are still pretty damn cool, do ninjas even drink?

Old school. My guess is they have some sort of top secret super drink which is only known by other ninjas.

Back