Sci-Fi Movies?

w00t, I've got 7 Sci-Fi movies I want to watch. Here they are in no particular order

• Brazil
• Blade Runner
• Donnie Darko
• Hidden Fortress
• Starship Troopers 2
• Cube
• Equilibrium

Now I have to go to blockbuster and find them. :rolleyes:

blahblahblah said:
w00t, I've got 7 Sci-Fi movies I want to watch. Here they are in no particular order

• Brazil
• Blade Runner
• Donnie Darko
• Hidden Fortress
• Starship Troopers 2
• Cube
• Equilibrium

Now I have to go to blockbuster and find them. :rolleyes:

That is a good list other than Starship Toopers 2 and Cube which are both crap. Well, Cube is mediocre I guess. I haven't seen Hidden Fortress or Equilibrium. You should watch those top 3 first IMO.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie.
John Carpenter's The Thing.
28 Days Later.
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.
Alien, Aliens and (if you really liked them) Alien 3 is a good conclusion. I'd recommend ignoring Alien 4.

starship troopers 2 is garbage, i loved the first one

equilibrium (sp) is good if you havent seen it

I just finished watching blade runner with my friend. I thought it was pretty good, but my friend didn't like it. He thought it was too slow.

There is one thing I didn't get in the movie...
In the beginning they said six replicants escaped, but only 5 were accounted for (killed). 1 was killed in an electrical grid, and 4 were killed by Decker. What happened to the 6th one?

Blockbuster had everything except Brazil, Hidden Fortress, and Starship Troopers 2. So thanks for helping me give my money over to blockbuster. :cheers:

spoiler response:
me! said:
yeah, that's a common "discontiuity" in blade runner. i think there was supposed to be another replicant killed before pris and batty, but ridley scott never shot the scene, or it was edited out or something.. in anycase, the reference to 6 replicants is regarding that, afaik.

Lil' Timmy said:
no it's gattaca, the letters represent the base-pairs for dna (guanine, adenine, thymine, and cytosine).

my bad.. i thought it was spelled wrong.. silly me :eek:

blahblahblah said:
I just finished watching blade runner with my friend. I thought it was pretty good, but my friend didn't like it. He thought it was too slow.

My God, you should fire your friend. Blade Runner is an all-time classic of all-time! Now you need to go rent Donnie Darko. Go!

its realy no loss if you didnt get starship troopers 2

burnzie nice ave.

well the best to watch is: EVENT HORIZEN..........omg

Event Horizon was excellent for several reasons

The Plot
The Blood
The Man (Laurence Fishburne from the Matrix)
The Technology used to open wormholes actually doorway to Hell
The Ship has a life of its own

And of course Sam Neill gets to play the Bad Guy

burnzie said:
its realy no loss if you didnt get starship troopers 2

I was more than dissapointed by that film, hope they can make it up by a third awesome film (They transport a breeder to Earth for experimentation, but spawns so many bugs at a fast rate that it almost takes over the world)

blahblahblah said:

There is one thing I didn't get in the movie...
In the beginning they said six replicants escaped, but only 5 were accounted for (killed). 1 was killed in an electrical grid, and 4 were killed by Decker. What happened to the 6th one?

Blockbuster had everything except Brazil, Hidden Fortress, and Starship Troopers 2. So thanks for helping me give my money over to blockbuster. :cheers:

I hope you watched the directors cut version for your sakes. The theatrical release was a version the studio's put out because they didnt like scott's vision of the film but in actual fact they massacred the film to fit thier 'happy' version of the future. For the real masterpiece watch the directors cut.

p.s. Theres a reason why you only see 5 replicants killed.

Watch the film again and you will see small clues that show you Deckard (harrison ford) is a replicant himself...

If your into old black and white Sci Fi films like me then you might want to watch 'The day the earth stood still'. Its a 1951 black and white film but its excellent even though its terribly dated. To give you an idea as to how well its loved its come in at number 14 on the imdb top 50 rated sci fi movies ever beating such films as back to the future, The Terminator, The Thing and even Return of the Jedi....

DEATH eVADER said:
Event Horizon was excellent for several reasons

The Plot
The Blood
The Man (Laurence Fishburne from the Matrix)
The Technology used to open wormholes actually doorway to Hell
The Ship has a life of its own

And of course Sam Neill gets to play the Bad Guy

wank film imo

[Matt] said:
p.s. Theres a reason why you only see 5 replicants killed.

Watch the film again and you will see small clues that show you Deckard (harrison ford) is a replicant himself...

Is that just pure speculation or is there actual proof behind that? Just wondering. Makes perfect sense though. ;)

Next on the list of movies to watch is either The Cube of Equilibrium. Haven't decided yet.

Yes, Event Horizon sucked imo. :)

blahblahblah said:
Is that just pure speculation or is there actual proof behind that? Just wondering. Makes perfect sense though. ;)

Next on the list of movies to watch is either The Cube of Equilibrium. Haven't decided yet.

Yes, Event Horizon sucked imo. :)

Holy Jesus please get Donnie Darko first. You will not be dissapointed.

blahblahblah said:

I can confirm that. It mentions the hints on the back of the director's cut box.
So, Deckard may or may not be the sixth robot.

Back