Scout Update Website Live - Release on Tuesday 24th

Just thinking about it - would a Pryo be able to use her backblast against the baseball?

I actually predicted this, a baseball ranged weapon is kinda obvious.

WHAT
THE

There were MILLIONS of better ideas then this!

Enjoy your broken game valve!

I should imagine that the sounds of their collective sobbing are somewhat muted by the huge piles of money that their offices are lined with.

I AM NO SO MUCH ANGRY AT THES PARTlCULAR IDEA AS I AM BITTER THAT THEY DID NOT CHOOSE MY WATER PISTOL/SPELLBOOK/LEATHER VEST WITH +2 FLAME RETARDATION IDEA FUCK YOUR VALVE ENJOY YOU BROKEN GAME

This sounds awesome, it'll be interesting to see how they make it work.

The Sandman almost sounds as hilarious as the Sandvich. Almost.

Whats with random scrubs crying about flare?, its basically the only weapon in the game I can think of aside from the shotty/pistol that isn't cheapish/easy moder.
Err how about because for general play the Flare Gun isn't that useful compared to the Shotgun? Just because it requires a bit more aiming skill to use doesn't mean the results are better.
Although I have seen more people using it since it's buff so maybe it is more useful now.

Actually my idea was a bat that did more damage the less health a enemy had, but whatever floats your boat.

I lol'd. Yeah, I think I'll take the "broken game" over that.

So many scouts means I should finally be able to get "Don't Touch Sandvich".

I'm actually tempted to dust off the old sniper rifle when this update comes out.

I'm not sure how much I like the idea of stuns in this game.

Stuns are already there. Getting shot at by a level 3 sentry as a "light" class (such as pyro or scout) basically stuns you (and also kills you). Natascha is a slightly different effect. I imagine something in between.

I'm actually tempted to dust off the old sniper rifle when this update comes out.

I'm actually tempted to launch a baseball right across the 2fort balconys to stun you while you are sniped by a n00b with a rifle.

Stuns are already there. Getting shot at by a level 3 sentry as a "light" class (such as pyro or scout) basically stuns you (and also kills you). Natascha is a slightly different effect. I imagine something in between.

It's not inbetween at all because those just slow you and this will outright stun you.

Heavy/Pyro is the way to go.

Yeah, sentries definitely don't have a stun effect -- they just push you, which can make movement awkward (or can be used to your advantage in rare situations). Natascha just slows movement -- you can still aim and shoot just as well. "Stun" is you can't move, turn, shoot, disguise, etc. for a short period of time.

seems strange to me (in physics terms) that the farther away the target is, the more stun the baseball delivers. :|

So you've played tf2, and that's the only unrealistic thing you have found?

Fun>Realistic.

Can't wait for 24th!

The damn site refuses to work.

Also I think it would be amusing if the ball were signed. By the scout.

As others have pointed out, these are not really stuns. Both still allow movement and the ability to retaliate. If I'm understanding this correctly, we are talking about a stun that completely incapacitates its target. Staying still in this game generally results in you getting killed, so I see this as having the potential to be overpowered. That this also works against ubered targets is also troubling.

TF2 just doesn't seem like the kind of game that should have players locked out of gameplay. It requires you to be kinetic, and taking that away for even a second can be crippling.

It does seem strange that Valve is going against their own original philosophy of not taking away control of a players movement with the unlocks. Airburst, Natasha, Sandman all do so to varying effects. It will be interesting to see how The Sandman plays out.

Yeah, well it really all depends on how it controls. We've got no idea what any of this is gonna look like from anybody's perspective and how simple or challenging it may be. I'm sure Valve wouldn't let through an unlockable that's far overpowered or incredibly irritating.

It works on invunerable people? Invunerable peoples seem to be getting more and more vunerabilities in this game.

It seems over-powered to me, as the scout's not working alone. The scout could sit back and stun people while pyros, snipers, spies and other scouts finish them off.

I trust Valve have play tested this thoroughly, and deemed it to be a good idea. I just hope that's still true in the real world.
I'd certainly imagine so -- he can blast every other projectile. Except needles.
That makes me feel conflicted. One one hand, it could help keep it in check, on the other it makes the back burner less appealing.

You shouldn't find the back burner appealing in the first place. :rolleyes:

You're still being less use than a pyro who likes to completely negate ubers and kritzed soldiers/demos. I guess most people still can't see any gameplay beyond racking up kills however.

The only appeal to the Backburner for me was its health boost. In its current incarnation, the standard flamethrower is superior in its utility. You can still ambush with the Axetinguisher. :p

Back