scripting/cheats

mikey388

Reaction score
Im new to scripting and am trying to get a buy script to work(im using CS Script writer)Im not having much luck at the mo it says my script has loaded but the keys I have bound aint working.Im sure I will get to the bottom of it but whats worrying me is because I am doing this Im using the console and it came up with this message amongst other things.

Can't use cheat cvars in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvars in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Im a bit worried that I might have a cheat on my PC.I dont want to get banned.Can anyone give me any advice as to whether this is normal if not what to do

CS, like many games, has built in cheats. You can for example, walk through walls, use god mode, or give your self items. However, they obviously don't want people to use them normally, so these cheats don't work by default. However the server admin can set "sv_cheats 1", which means cheats can be used.

What you message means is that one or more of your commands in your script only work when sv_cheats 1 is on. This is one reason why your script is not working (There may be others).

Without seeing the actual scripts we can't say what is the cheat command.

But to stop you worrying, you will not get banned for trying to use cheat commands, they will simply not work and will give that message in the console.

Thanks for clearing that up,I have removed the script I made and I still get the message.Its the first time I have really looked properly at what the console said so it has probably done it from day 1

Thanks for allaying my fears :cheers:

beam said:
goto www.csbanana.com they have a really easy to use buy script generator.

Im in work at the moment so I cant try it out till tomorrow but it seems really good.I take it that I can use more than one variation ie a rifle script and a sniper script for example.

Is it best to make an autoexec.cfg file rather than paste it into the original config.I know it will work the same but Id rather keep my mods separate that way if I want to change anything I dont have to worry what bits I have added etc.

Sorry If I sound a bit thick but this scripting in new to me.

Back